Rename Diplomat unit

pineappledan

Deity
Can we rename the diplomat unit to something else? It causes a ton of confusion when discussing game mechanics when there is simultaneously a Diplomat unit and a Diplomat espionage mechanic.

Suggestion:
Rename Diplomat unit to Ambassador
Rename Ambassador unit to Consul

Maybe some other name could be chosen, but it would be really nice to unstack these names.

To add to this confusion. There’s also the great diplomat, which uses the same [ICON_DIPLOMAT] as the espionage diplomat in text descriptions. The “great” in great diplomat may be enough to differentiate it as a GP from the spy, but removing the diplomat unit would also alleviate this triple-stacking on that term. We don’t have both a scientist and a great scientist unit, after all.

I would change the Diplomat to "Baller" and Great Diplomat to "Shot Caller". That should address the issue :)

How about ambassador? I only suggest that because consul isn't a word that I'd heard before just now. I do know 'consulate', so I can infer the meaning from there. Ambassador seems more common parlance though :).

Ambassador is already the name of the last diplomat unit, unlocked in modern. I’m suggesting renaming the diplomat unit to ambassador, and renaming the ambassador to consul

An alternative to consul is legate, but that’s even more obscure

My suggestion is to rename the Diplomat unit as Minister.

Consul is a title for civ leaders though.

Ambassador is already the name of the last diplomat unit, unlocked in modern. I’m suggesting renaming the diplomat unit to ambassador, and renaming the ambassador to consul

An alternative to consul is legate, but that’s even more obscure

I actually like legate, although that may just be because it sounds funny when I say it :). I'm thinking of Alexander's voice.

Edit: Ooh! How about delegate?

Last edited:
Top Bottom