Rename our cities back?

Should we rename our cities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vbraun

Raytracing
Should we rename Carbetbomb back to Dancing Banana and vice versa? thus restoring the cities to their original names.

I urge all citizens to stand behind the decision of having our capital as Dancing Banana. We are not letting some anarchists we never met on another continent dictate our domestic policy. For the sake of national security, we broke no law, and owe no one nothing. Vote NO to changing our names back.

I am not sharing spirit with a bunch of insidious and not accountable anarchists.

That is why we are not bending over to their demands. The less information they get, the better we are off. I know their type from their state of expression. They seems to be a self content sibling of the ISDG CDZ team we met as CFC when we lost. That anarchy sales pitch is old, dated, not sexy and so on. I know they will come after us anyways, dangerous as they are, so diplomacy with them is moot. But I guess they will be surprised how fast we can raise a powerful army to take out Iroq with our move one to their Celtic Warriors. I think they underestimate us.

I don't think the other teams will keep being hostile for the rest of the game. So we can probably risk keeping the names.

Rest assure, this a continent superbalanced map 2 vs 2. They WILL be hostile regardless when we meet them, and I cannot see us having meaningful diplomacy with any civilization but Team MIA. I sense bad voodoo in Team KISS, and never had any intention to gain anything from them diplomatically. With no accountable chain of command, you cannot do any diplomacy.

We changed the names for strategy NOT trickery. it isn't our fault if they don't have the sense to realize why we did the name change. Keep the Names.

It seems we got a broad consensus here, our naming was based on three separate polls, now this as the fourth, as democratic as it gets. We polled three times the capital name, this included, which is more or less an identity question and an internal organization question. It makes it easier for us to have Capital as Dancing Banana, and it iis after all our identity. Then the fourth poll about the palace relocation.

I am not buying their balloney about "spirit" of the game and their "trampled" and "violated" feelings. Their acting reminds me of what they in soccer call "filming", when a soccer player pretends he falls to the ground due to foul play in order to falsely get the referee to pass out a red card. This pathetic behavior of Team KISS in particular will be long forgotten.

We did not break any rule, and we focussed solely domestically, not foreign policy. It is a bit bold to make demands to a civ you never met, in my opinion.
Anything that is not ruled on, is by definition within the spirit of the game.
Do not expect much sportsmanship from the other teams, in particular not Team KISS, which might be individually strong players, but no accountable structure.

I dismiss their GOTM origins, their sense of what they consider "proper" gaming and so on, as we have the right to play our way, within the Civ3 engine and written rules.
If they got some strange new things from their alleged civ "tradition"/"convention"/"spirit" , they better propose it, or suggest it during diplomatic negotiations after we met in the game, and not pushing handicap after handicap over us to suit their own anarchistic gaming style. Heck, I am not sure I am even gooing to read the Team KISS letter if they are contacting us.

Top Bottom