1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rename units at any time?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by BadaBing, Nov 23, 2016.

1. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

I really miss the ability to rename my units at any time (not just once when they get a level 2 promotion!) similar to the old UI - EditUnitNames mod for Civ V.

I've spent some time tinkering with UnitPanel.lua and managed to hook the renaming popup into Lclick on unit portrait. This shows the full veteran name panel, including random name chooser, but unfortunately the new name doesn't persist after clicking "Confirm Name".
    I wonder if anyone has any ideas why this isn't working? I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or maybe the unit manager is rejecting the new name in the dll code because it doesn't have a promotion available?

Anyone managed to get this working themselves?

Thanks for your help.

oedali and Auda like this.
  2. Ser Leoritch

Ser Leoritch Chieftain

I too am waiting for a mod to rename units at anytime.
    Is this something this community can get done? I used that UI-EditUnitNames mod in Civ 5 and I loved it.
    Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.