Renaming Opponent Civs?

LavenderTown

Chieftain
So, I'm doing a sort of an in joke lets play on single player and I was wondering how do I rename opponent Civ Leaders, Civ Names and Civ Adjectives? I know I can rename myself like this but I can't figure out where the input field is. Do I need to go into the game's files to edit this and if so which file? I have Civilization V Brave New World The Campaign Edition if that helps (from the mac app store because I was a bit inept with gaming way back when I got it and didn't know Steam existed haha). Also, my apologies if I am violating any site rules, I am not sure this is the correct forum for this thread.

You can rename yourself and your adjectives going into advanced setup. I think if you manually select your opponents, you can change their names by clicking on the words on the lft-hand side. You'll be at the top and your opponents all on a list below. Try clicking on their names after you select them. I don't think you can change their adjectives, but it won't matter anyway, bc only you see your own adjectives (they are used for announcements to yourself and stuff)

Thanks for the quick reply! While that works for changing my own name it still doesn't seem to be adjusting my opponents names (unless I'm missing something). As for the adjectives they also change the various units' names. For example, instead of it saying "Incan Settler", I could change it to "Peruvian Settler".

I have changed my opponents names as well. But, I misspelled
Khan Noonien Singh, and I guess I have some sort of spelling OCD and I NEED to change it. BTW his original name is as you can probably guess is Gengis Khan. So, is there a way to change it once the game is afoot?

"spelling OCD"??? Is that an internet term for "everyone but me is probably stupid"

Top Bottom