Renegade American Pikeman declares war on France?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
I'm France. American and I are allies. Never anything but BFF's.

I get a message that an American Pikeman has plundered one of my trade routes.

Later I notice he's close to my city .... and my city can fire on him. I do - he's gone.

Nothing ever happened. No DOW, no 'why are you shooting my guy', nothing.

Weird. Very weird.

And not from Atlanta, the liberal bastion surrounded by conservatism in Georgia.

Later I notice he's close to my city .... and my city can fire on him. I do - he's gone.

Weird. Very weird.

Somebody else declared a 'formal war' on you recently?

my ally, England, recently did a similar undeclared war on me. I believe the bug comes from an ally who gets dragged into a joint war...? ally / joint war bugs came up in a recent thread

my ally, England, recently did a similar undeclared war on me. I believe the bug comes from an ally who gets dragged into a joint war...? ally / joint war bugs came up in a recent thread

I had a theory that it happens when the Joint War happens on the same turn with friendship renewal.

However, now I think there may be another reason (since the above scenario doesn't let you be at war with an ally). You can make alliance at any time during the friendship declaration, so at some point you stop being friends, but continue being allies. I guess the game just doesn't treat alliance as continuation of friendship for war purposes...

Could it have been a pikeman that was a rebel from an unhappy American city? I've had the odd situation that a deeply unhappy city had rebels from around it and those rebels attacked me and the AI city that they spawned from.

Could it have been a pikeman that was a rebel from an unhappy American city? I've had the odd situation that a deeply unhappy city had rebels from around it and those rebels attacked me and the AI city that they spawned from.

Interesting possibility. I'm not sure I've ever seen rebels. Are they like barbarians only they belong to a Civ?

Interesting possibility. I'm not sure I've ever seen rebels. Are they like barbarians only they belong to a Civ?

They look like barbarians and seem to occur when a city is very unhappy. I've seen it now twice- once with a city I neglected in terms of amenities and an AI that I was attacking.

Rebels are colored the same as barbs. Clearly not the case in Sherlock's OP.

I predict it will end up that, duplicates of the same civ were allowed in game setup :).

I'm now in an undeclared war with America. It's not like he's invading me or anything. But every now and then his units will wander into my territory and the game treats them as enemies.

That's a known bug, it's happened to me 3-4 times and I've seen others talking about it. . For me it's happened when another civ dows and the war/no war civ contacted me for another reason at exactly the same time . If it happens again and you catch it, just reload that turn and it should fix it

Does the diplo screen say you're at war and the main screen says you're at peace? If the diplomatic screen allows it you can DOW and then make peace when you can

And not from Atlanta, the liberal bastion surrounded by conservatism in Georgia.

I live in Atlanta and I'm most certainly not Liberal. Mid-Town, Atlantic Station, Buckhead, Little Five Points is where you'll find a higher consideration of Liberals.

Weird. Very weird.

I Have found a BUG in the game that can happen sometimes.
At the End of your turn. The turn the Alliance/friendships ends, and before the start of your Allies/friends turn. A enemy Civ can propose a joint war. If the the payment is good enough or your Choas counter is high. your ally/friend will agree. Declaring a formal war on you. how ever because they are technically extremely high in friendship with you. at the start of their turn they will offer you renew the Friendship/Alliance with you.

This leads you to be allies/friends on paper but are able and will attack each other. You can kill as many units of each other even attack, but NOT Cap Cities without any consequences.
It is annoying os if you find it happens try loading an auto save file from 1 or 2 turns before hand and DON'T agree to any ally/friendship renewals that way you can have a normal war.

Top Bottom