Repeatable CTD in v37

Zerli

Chieftain
The attached save crashes to desktop with no error messages. The game is v38, huge map, 28 opponents, 280 BC, slowest game speed.

Attachments

• Igor BC-0280.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 74
You use the SVN? If so update and see if that clears your problem.

You may also try to activate viewports in the BUG Options Screens, the same Tab where Graphical Paging is On by default. Leave Graphical ON, but also activate Viewports. Then see if your turn will progress.

I suspect it will not as you have Too many Options On that generate New Civs. You currently have 40 AI listed in WB with 6 (dead). Your map is saturated with animals both land and sea. Also you have Barb cities and Neanderthal cities from the NPCs.

Also in the Main Game directory under BtS ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword) scroll down and find the MiniDump.dmp file for your Crash. Date will coincide with the date your game CTD'd. .zip, or .rar, or .7z it and upload that as well as this save game.

Your save also CTD'd on my rig and it did generate a MiniDump.dmp file.

I also noticed that eve though you have visual sight to Ram the Siamese you have No Civs listed with the Civ list icon is clicked. That is strange as well.

I strong suspect you have maxed this game out by your choice of Map, Game speed, and Game set up Options. We do not recommend stating a game with 28 Civs, Rev On, Barb World On, and Brab Civ On in addition to having the New Neanderthal Cites On as well. Just creates more data than the Civ IV BtS 32 bit engine can handle. Also you started with Start as Minors which in recent versions has become a problem.

Thunderbrd or Spirictum will need to further investigate your problem as I have gone as far as I can.

JosEPh

Thanks for having a look!

I will try SVN to see if that fixes the issue. I'll also try fewer civilizations and this time around I'll definitely keep Revolutions off. The other options are something I can experiment with as well.

I do like to stress the engine to its limits - that tends to expose bugs faster.

Finally, please keep up the excellent work with Caveman to Cosmos. It is still my favorite Civilization mod and game - you guys rock!

Top Bottom