Repeatable CTD

flabbert

Warlord
I take Yukib, and Chichen Itza, then upgrade all my Modern Armors to Thermobaric, in the next AI turn my game has now CTD'ed twice

Attached is the autosave before, and minidumps from both crashes. As a bonus here is error from the ingame log on the first attempt at this save.

upload_2018-2-18_12-34-35.png

I really want to finish punishing the incans for all those ruffians and guerillas in my game so hopefully the game isnt dead :)

Attachments

• minidumps.rar
    33.6 KB · Views: 39
  • AutoSave_AD-1724.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.4 MB · Views: 76
I just tried waiting a turn, and then only capturing Chichen Itza.

The CTD happened in the AI turn after capturing Chicken Itza specifically.

Python log would be nice too.
Its name is PythonErr and can be found there: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs
File path may differ, as I use Windows 7.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 360, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 1688, in onUnitKilled
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

Here you go

I am indeed, i used 5.9.2.3.3 with artdefines turned off. I just upgraded to 5.9.3, trying to cap chichen itza now. The tooltip windows are hella big tho is it possible to make them slightly opaque and clickthrough?

yep, ctd'ed again taking chichen itza, even when taking it later, got the same errors as in the screenshot while taking again as well.

I am indeed, i used 5.9.2.3.3 with artdefines turned off. I just upgraded to 5.9.3, trying to cap chichen itza now. The tooltip windows are hella big tho is it possible to make them slightly opaque and clickthrough?
It is more opaque than vanilla tooltip if you don't delete the artdefines. Without the artdefines it is impossible to mod the tooltip appearance.
Don't know what you mean by "clickthrough", make the tooltip disappear with a left, or right, click?

It is more opaque than vanilla tooltip if you don't delete the artdefines. Without the artdefines it is impossible to mod the tooltip appearance.
Don't know what you mean by "clickthrough", make the tooltip disappear with a left, or right, click?
He meant ability to click something, even if something is right behind tooltip.

yeah, ability to clickthrough the tooltip, i noticed this especially when artdefines are in, that the tooltip for cities, and combat odds take up a quarter of the screen, and you have to move the map a lot to move the unit to that part of the map.

He meant ability to click something, even if something is right behind tooltip.
That is possible when I play the game, clicking on units or cities hidden behind the tooltip I mean.... I'll look into some finer control on when the tooltip should be shown, it's a bit annoying using the go-to function to not have a way to hide the tooltip.

@flabbert:
Thanks for the save, it proved a very good test case for debugging. I found out that the city ID number change when a city change owner, so the way I tracked which player owned what wonder in which city ended up pointing to a non-existing city, as the city that the wonder was located in, after a city owner change. I fixed the problem and it resolved the CTD as well. New update to PPIO will be posted soon.

@Toffer90: Cool!

N.B. I noticed that if you take a city, some wonders would survive and some would not. However if a wonder is temporarily disabled due to lack of resources (like Hammurabi 's stele of law Wonder that needs stone to stay active), taking the city while the wonder is inactive would always destroy the wonder. Not sure if that is bug or Working As Intended.

N.B. I noticed that if you take a city, some wonders would survive and some would not. However if a wonder is temporarily disabled due to lack of resources (like Hammurabi 's stele of law Wonder that needs stone to stay active), taking the city while the wonder is inactive would always destroy the wonder. Not sure if that is bug or Working As Intended.
That stuff is handled in dll I think.
Python code only end the special python effect for wonders if they go obsolete or if the city is razed. If the wonder change owner, and the new owner haven't invented the tech that obsoletes the wonder, its effect should be reactivated (Exception: Crusader wonder always go inactive when not owned by original owner.).
Python effect for wonders would still be active even if the wonder is deactivated due to lack of resources. How many wonders require bonuses to function.... I don't think its a big issue, something to look into later I guess.

We might have to look into that at some point... Generally speaking, wonders shouldn't be destroyed due to conquest but I'm not sure if that's something we wanted to be possible or not. There's simple xml to apply to any building to reduce or eliminate the ability for a building to be destroyed when the city is conquered but I don't know if it even matters for wonders or not - I do know that the default is a 50% chance so perhaps we changed it so that wonders could be destroyed in the process of a city capture but then didn't go through and apply more rational values to this tag for wonders and let them go to the default 50 instead. Will require taking a look.

Top Bottom