Repeating diplomacy complaints about buying tiles

Xenotitan

Prince
I bought some tiles somewhat close to one of the AI's cities. He called me up to complain about it and ask me to stop. I told him "my affairs are none of your business". But I had already purchased all the tiles near him so I didn't do it again. 50 turns later, he calls me up again to complain about me buying tiles near him (I didn't buy anymore) and ask me to stop. 50 turns after that, he pops up again. This was even a problem in Civ V for years so it is rather disappointing it didn't get fixed, although at least he isn't complaining that I broke my promise not to buy tiles this time.

In Civ 5 the AI saw acquiring tiles via culture after asking you to stop buying tiles as being the same thing. I'm sure that carried over to BE.

BE added a repeating complaint about anything the AI asked you to stop doing no matter whether you told them you would stop or told them to mind their own business. For instance, you wipe out a station in the early game because it plopped down right next to where you were about to settle a colony. You don't attack anymore stations for the rest of the game, but the AIs keep ing about you destroying stations every few dozen turns. If you happen to go to war with an AI that complained about anything, once peace is made, they immediately complain about that thing again.

They don't give you repeating complaints about everything. They leave most issues alone after the first time.

Top Bottom