1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement Civ: Great Britain

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Mozza, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Mozza

Mozza Prince

I fianlly finished my first Mod:

Great Britain

Please note that this Mod only works with Civ4: Warlords

A full description is in the downloads page linked to above. Any feedback will be welcome. Comments from non-English Brits especially welcome.

Screenshots to follow presently.

2. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Scottish here, intresting mod.

Still I load it up and the British have lost their Unique Building.

3. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Damn I thought I'd got 'round that. Will update this evening and repost. Sorry.

4. pontypool

pontypool Chieftain

What is the UB of great britain ?
    Also, how do i install these mods?
    thx

5. Mozza

Mozza Prince

I've now corrrected this. 3 little lines missing and the Empire's financial might was descimated!

I've left the Unique Builing unchaged as this was yet another "English" trait that was taken from British history.

I've also very unproffessionally not updated the version number.

6. steviejay

steviejay Now in Black and White!!

Scottish here also. Thank you very much. I'll try it tonight :)

7. Mozza

Mozza Prince

OK, since the Scots seem to be here in abundance, I contemplated having Glasgow higher in the City List than Edinburgh. It's a bigger city and in many ways more important to the British economy. That said, Edinburgh is the capital and I felt it maybe wrong to ignore that fact. Any thoughts?

Hmm.. new World-Wonder - Old Firm Derby... maybe not.

8. steviejay

my opinion. leave Edinburgh top of the "Scottish list", it may be smaller but it's the Capital.

Old Firm heh, a commerce boost to the city it's in but +1 disgruntled citizen? :p Despite what people say, it's not as bad as the media makes out, especially when you think of places like Turkey and Argentina (no offence to either country)

9. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Frankly i couldn't care less, I'm from aberdeen. BUUUT:

Just leave glasgow down low, if the economics and terrain dictate it will become important :p

10. AljayBoy

AljayBoy Warlord

Just spotted the Mod in the database and downloaded right away, and as a weegie (Glaswegian to everyone else) I agree that Edinburgh should come before Glasgow as it is our capital afterall (even if its not as important :mischief: ) but seriously, cheers for making this Mod, always thought that it should be Great Britain instead of England also but kinda understand Firaxis point of view too. Will play tomorrow and let you know my thoughts.

P.S. just realized my sig might need explaining, im pro-Scottish not anti-English. :)

11. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

Is Churchill the leader of this faction? I dislike the static LHs, and I thought I saw Lloyd George in one of those screenshots. If Churchill isnt an option, how do I put him in?

12. Axil

Axil Prince

Bring in Lloyd George - I for one would love to see a Welsh figurehead :)

:) <- Cymraeg

13. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Churchill and Victoria are both in, unchanged from the England Civ. Lloyd George, Richard The Lionheart, James Stuart, and Malcom III are all in as static leaderheads. I know what you mean about them not being as good, but I prefer them to a leaderhead that doesn't look like the person.

14. steviejay

I think now really should be the time to mention this. A poll was done recently to find the 'best Prime Minister' and guess who came top?

Churchill? nope
    Lloyd George? nope

Baroness Margaret Thatcher.
    Favourite PM's

Yes, Maggie was voted joint top along with Clement Attlee as the Best Prime Ministers.

So come on, lets have a stop to this Chruchill/Lloyd George debate, lets scrap that and get a Maggie leaderhead going. Come on, who wouldn't want to play as the 'Iron Lady'

15. Mozza

Mozza Prince

You may mod her in if you wish but I will not include that murderous whore in my mod!

16. steviejay

:lol: no man, don't take offence I was kidding. I was just reading the paper yesterday and came across this article and remembered the discussion about LH's in here ;)

17. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Yeah no worries. I wanted the mod to emphasise unity and her blatent anti-Scottish bias is reason enough not to include her. Who did they survey? The young conservatives convention????

18. deanjack

deanjack Ruler of the Universe

i have been waiting for somebody to make a Brittish civ afterall the empire was at its biggest and best when it was Britain not just England.:lol:

19. Splinter13

Splinter13 The Learner

I agree, Lloyd George is the way to go.

20. angelickitty

angelickitty Chieftain

the main reason its called england instead of great britian is cause in the states many people learn it as england instead of GB... otherwise.. yea i think its a good idea