1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement Civ: Great Britain

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Mozza, Jul 31, 2006.

1. aob86

aob86 King

any news on this for bts?

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Over a few weeks, iv'e seen a lot of thread necromancy.
    This is more.
    Just convert it yourself.

3. aob86

aob86 King

Oh sorry didnt realise i asked you your opinion, oh wait no i didn't so why dont you keep it to your self or tell it to someone who care what you think.

4. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Okay, I am definitely definitely doing this for BTS over the next couple of weeks.

Any suggestions are welcome.

5. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

Perhaps, if possible, you could add some British Infantry from WWII?

I'm not particularly fussed, but I'd be quite happy if you did.

6. Mozza

Mozza Prince

I have done! I'm playtesting the BTS version now. Got a couple of issues with flavoured units but should be able to fix them in the next few days. I still only have static leaderheads which is a bummer, if anyone can make animated ones and is willing to, please give me a shout.

7. aob86

aob86 King

nice one, looking forward to it for bts, be great to see some of the british UU's in some of the bts mods like spitfire, king george battleship, SAS and Centurion tank etc

8. Mozza

Mozza Prince

I'm working through them, there'll probably only be a handful of flavoured units initially, but I want to expand. I'd really really like to include the Type 45 Destroyer. I was also thinking of replacing the Machine Gun with a Pals Unit. It'd be a negetive UU, which would then mean I could include a second positive UU without unbalancing things too much.

9. aob86

aob86 King

there is a good few UU's for britain in the BTS mods, specialy for WW2, spitfire, harrier, sas, centurion, illustrious, king george etc maybe some of the modders will let you use them in your mod?

10. Mozza

Mozza Prince

I did an SAS model a while ago, and will likely use it, though if I do, I'll add a "Special Forces" unit, rather than just using it as a reskin for the Para.

I'm mainly working on Ancient to Medieval units at the moment, lots of tartan and woad.

11. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

I think this is a good idea, but I don't like eliminating Elizabeth. And could you add Anne as a leader perhaps?

12. Mozza

Mozza Prince

To be honest, I've left all the details for Elizabeth in there, just disabled her, so it would be pretty easy to switch her back on if you really wanted to, but I do feel due to historical reasons it would be wrong to include her in the mod.

Anne's an interesting one, She was Queen at the time of the Act Of Union so I guess her justification for inclusion is apparent. She was the last British Monarch to be anything other than a figurehead; being the last one ever to withold Royal Assent from a Parliamentary bill (it's always seemed odd to me that Queen Victoria is included in Civ, when she never really had any power, and was no less a figurehead than Elizabeth II). What about Robert Walpole, arguably the world's first truely democratic leader?

13. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

No, Stephen Friel Nuckolls was the first truly democratically-elected leader (delegate from Wyoming, first place on earth to have universal suffrage)

14. Mozza

Mozza Prince

He was elected, granted the elctorate was somewhat limited, but nonetheless he was elected, and the monarch was constitutional. Also, I meant national leader, sorry.

15. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Well, but with a limited electorate, the first elected leader was Lucius Junius Brutus (I think the Roman Republic was slightly before the Athenian Democracy)

16. aob86

aob86 King

any news on how its coming?

17. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Should be sorted within the next week or so.

18. aob86

aob86 King

any news?

19. thecowwarrior

thecowwarrior Warlord

A shame this never got done.. I played it on Warlords all the time.