Replacement Civ: Great Britain

Mozza

Prince
I fianlly finished my first Mod:

Great Britain

Please note that this Mod only works with Civ4: Warlords

A full description is in the downloads page linked to above. Any feedback will be welcome. Comments from non-English Brits especially welcome.

Screenshots to follow presently.

Damn I thought I'd got 'round that. Will update this evening and repost. Sorry.

I've now corrrected this. 3 little lines missing and the Empire's financial might was descimated!

I've left the Unique Builing unchaged as this was yet another "English" trait that was taken from British history.

I've also very unproffessionally not updated the version number.

Scottish here also. Thank you very much. I'll try it tonight :)

OK, since the Scots seem to be here in abundance, I contemplated having Glasgow higher in the City List than Edinburgh. It's a bigger city and in many ways more important to the British economy. That said, Edinburgh is the capital and I felt it maybe wrong to ignore that fact. Any thoughts?

Hmm.. new World-Wonder - Old Firm Derby... maybe not.

my opinion. leave Edinburgh top of the "Scottish list", it may be smaller but it's the Capital.

Old Firm heh, a commerce boost to the city it's in but +1 disgruntled citizen? :p Despite what people say, it's not as bad as the media makes out, especially when you think of places like Turkey and Argentina (no offence to either country)

Just spotted the Mod in the database and downloaded right away, and as a weegie (Glaswegian to everyone else) I agree that Edinburgh should come before Glasgow as it is our capital afterall (even if its not as important :mischief: ) but seriously, cheers for making this Mod, always thought that it should be Great Britain instead of England also but kinda understand Firaxis point of view too. Will play tomorrow and let you know my thoughts.

P.S. just realized my sig might need explaining, im pro-Scottish not anti-English. :)

Is Churchill the leader of this faction? I dislike the static LHs, and I thought I saw Lloyd George in one of those screenshots. If Churchill isnt an option, how do I put him in?

Shekwan said:
Is Churchill the leader of this faction? I dislike the static LHs, and I thought I saw Lloyd George in one of those screenshots. If Churchill isnt an option, how do I put him in?

Churchill and Victoria are both in, unchanged from the England Civ. Lloyd George, Richard The Lionheart, James Stuart, and Malcom III are all in as static leaderheads. I know what you mean about them not being as good, but I prefer them to a leaderhead that doesn't look like the person.

I think now really should be the time to mention this. A poll was done recently to find the 'best Prime Minister' and guess who came top?

Churchill? nope
Lloyd George? nope

Baroness Margaret Thatcher.
Favourite PM's

Yes, Maggie was voted joint top along with Clement Attlee as the Best Prime Ministers.

So come on, lets have a stop to this Chruchill/Lloyd George debate, lets scrap that and get a Maggie leaderhead going. Come on, who wouldn't want to play as the 'Iron Lady'

steviejay said:
I think now really should be the time to mention this. A poll was done recently to find the 'best Prime Minister' and guess who came top?

Churchill? nope
Lloyd George? nope

Baroness Margaret Thatcher.
Favourite PM's

Yes, Maggie was voted joint top along with Clement Attlee as the Best Prime Ministers.

So come on, lets have a stop to this Chruchill/Lloyd George debate, lets scrap that and get a Maggie leaderhead going. Come on, who wouldn't want to play as the 'Iron Lady'

You may mod her in if you wish but I will not include that murderous whore in my mod!

:lol: no man, don't take offence I was kidding. I was just reading the paper yesterday and came across this article and remembered the discussion about LH's in here ;)

steviejay said:
:lol: no man, don't take offence I was kidding. I was just reading the paper yesterday and came across this article and remembered the discussion about LH's in here ;)

Yeah no worries. I wanted the mod to emphasise unity and her blatent anti-Scottish bias is reason enough not to include her. Who did they survey? The young conservatives convention????

i have been waiting for somebody to make a Brittish civ afterall the empire was at its biggest and best when it was Britain not just England.:lol:

the main reason its called england instead of great britian is cause in the states many people learn it as england instead of GB... otherwise.. yea i think its a good idea

Top Bottom