Replayability

Myartar

Yeah, I'm back
I've been playing games in this series since the begining. For Civs 1-3, I could start new worlds constantly and not get bored. Sure, I'd take breaks from Civ to play other things, but I always came back within a month or two. With Civ IV, this hasn't been the case. I played it a lot at first, and then kinda trailed off and never really played until BTS came out. After I picked up BTS, I played a lot again, and trailed off.

I ended up back here at CFC today because I was curious about what's going on with Civ V, but it made me realize how Civ IV has never really pulled me in like the first three. I can't put my finger on why, and it's kinda had me thinking.

Has anyone else noticed this at all?

Has anyone else noticed this at all?
Something similar, but then, when Civ 2 was out, I was in school. When Civ 3 was out... I kept playing Civ 2, because I felt it was better. And Civ 4... I play it less often than Civ 2, I think - but nowadays, I'm a much, much busier person, university, going out and so on.

Considering how many time has passed since Civ 1 and the later version, I reckon this is something that applies to you as well - you're older and priorities have perhaps simply shifted. Or you have less time. At least that's the thing for me.

Of course, Civ 4 has one big thing that increases replayability a lot: Mods.

Cheers, LT.

Top Bottom