Repoll: Deputies

How shall deputies be determined

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
The previous poll on deputies got some complaints about poll design. To be completely clear, let's have another clarifying poll, after which the result can be incorporated into the rules.

A discussion of deputies can be found imbedded within this other somewhat unfocused discussion thread. Constitution General Discussion

The previous poll is here.

This poll will remain open for 3 days.

I vote other, as my idea is to have the deputy be the runner-up until the leader can get around to appointing someone.

What a farce. Making an opponent your deputy is the easy way out, but it seems that's where this game is headed. For the sake of fun, due process is being tossed out and what remains is an unfocused mess(you said it yourself, Dave). ;)

Not to take anything away from those who have been putting forth solid efforts to get this thing rolling, but this is becoming less and less a game about politics and more about pleasing those who are not interested in the political aspect of the game. Pretty much drives in the last nail for me. :(

The runner-up in the election is the person the citizens do not want in that position. If the winner of the election thinks a deputy is needed, the winner can appoint a deputy. If a dep isn't needed, why have one ?

If the runner-up is qualified enough to be the deputy, the winner is free to appoint the runner-up, but why automatically appoint a person the citizens do not want there ? I know the "will of the people" isn't a defined phrase, but having deputies this way is clearly against it. At least in my point of view.

(every person who voted for "Appointed (by whom to be decided later)" is a former president in the game - doesn't that say something ?)

I would like there to be an option of a deputy, I dont want the leader to have to appoint someone if they feel noone is an eligable candidate. Same goes for this chat rep position which seems to have become an unofficial government position.

Of course, in the absence of a leader there should be a citizens by-election to appoint one, nominations are done "officially" by the President, but at the citizenry's suggestion.

Top Bottom