1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reported Decapitation at Amusment Park

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zarn, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Linky

Stupidity reigns!

This should not cost the park, but I have the feeling it will.

2. Bigfoot3814

Bigfoot3814 Chieftain

One less dummy futzin' around taking up space in line at six flags.

3. Synsensa

Synsensa Sweet Pea Retired Moderator

How is that breaking news? Teenage guy decides to be an idiot and pays a permanent price. Sucks to be the family though, knowing that your son is an absolute moron.

4. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Darwin wins again. So does the gene pool.

5. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Well thats a bit unfair, the parents didn't get themselves killed doing something stupid I'm sure the genes had nothing to do with it.

6. DNK

DNK Member

I love how there's a promotion for the ride in the news story.

That sucks. I don't know why every time someone does something stupid they immediately deserve to die. People on the internet act like they've never done anything dumb themselves and have always lived by the rules. Yeah, okay, have fun with that outlook.

7. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

In truth though, this is a example of why it's not wise to circumvent safety controls.

8. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Chieftain

You do not think genes have ANYTHING to do with it? I'm a big nurture OVER nature guy, but c'mon. If you can be taught to be that stupid, you started without much to work with.

Huge tonnages of objects flying past at fast speed within human height. "I'm gonna touch batman!"

We're lucky this moron didn't cause a multi-death car accident. There should be only 1 fence and a small sign so that we get rid of slightly stupider people too.

Good riddance.

<insert 'you fail' pict>

9. Valka D'Ur

Maybe it was a mutated gene. :p

I'm not saying that doing something dumb means the person deserves to die. I'm saying I have no sympathy if they voluntarily do something dumb and die as a result of that stupid act.

Have I ever done stupid things? Of course. There isn't a human who ever lived, with the exception of babies and the severely handicapped, who never did something stupid.

I'm just coming from the point of view that I've never done stupid things that could get me killed.

10. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

At least this doesn't make me lose sleep like that girl who got her feet chopped off at Six Flags...

Also, apparently I'm only separated from that girl by one degree (or two, at most)...

11. aelf

aelf Ashen One

But there is a difference between doing something dumb and doing something this dumb (ignoring safety barriers and warning signs to do something frivolous at the potential cost of your life). I know I won't do the latter :smug:

12. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

OMG i rode on that ride before and its awesome

too bad for the kid though

13. dwaxe

dwaxe is not a fanatic

That kid, needless to say, is an idiot.

Do amusement parks need security cameras???

14. mrpwn3r

mrpwn3r Stereotypical Asian

This could hurt Obama politically.

15. Alpine Trooper

Alpine Trooper AllCiv

You all should search statistics for ride injuries and deaths throughout the world. I just want you to think about these things when you've finally reached the top of the coaster ride and are looking down.

16. Valka D'Ur

I no longer go on rides. A few decades ago, I consider the most dangerous one I was ever on was the single Ferris wheel. My dad talked me into going on it -- hoping I'd chicken out at the last minute and go with him to the pony chuckwagon races. Since the pony chucks bore me to tears, I took the dare.

It was quite a view from the top, and I went on the Ferris wheel a few times since then, but in hindsight it was not really that smart. I don't know what kind of safety devices those things have nowadays, but back then it would have been fairly easy to fall out.

17. DNK

DNK Member

Yeah, justifications. Some kid dies accidentally and it's a joke. hahaha. I get it now.

18. Soil

Soil ねねね

This is going to have the same discussion as the 'girls sunbathe on railway tracks and get hit by a train' story.

If the area is clearly marked as the spokeswoman said then the park shouldn't be at fault. If you had lost something you would surely ask nearby personnel to retrieve it...

Must be terrible for the family though, going out to have fun in an amusement park which results in your son being decapitated. The other kids of the 'group' that jumped over must've been pretty freaked out when they realized what had happened.

19. aelf

aelf Ashen One

Uh, I never said it was a joke. But naturally my sympathies are not with him.

20. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

he mustve been a daaaredevil