1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Republic of Pirates (kingchris20) 2018-02-10

Blackbeard and Black Bart lead the Republic of Pirates

1. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    kingchris20 submitted a new resource:

Republic of Pirates (kingchris20) - Blackbeard and Black Bart lead the Republic of Pirates

Read more about this resource...

raen likes this.
  2. Mrmyx22

Mrmyx22 Chieftain

Working nicely on iPad to turn 100. No other mods.

1. Both pirates think they are Teddy and there is no picture of them in the creation menu. Uses settler icon for pirate harbor in production.

2. How do you capture ships? With quadremes I have only been able to sink using either form of attack.

3. kingchris20

1. Yeah, I can't figure out how to get the icons/artwork to work in iOS :(

2. It is a percentage chance, and it should pop up the percentage chance it is in the Unit Combat panel (down where you see each unit's strength). I have noticed that barbarian units don't get the chance to be capture often, if at all.

4. Mrmyx22

Mrmyx22 Chieftain

If it is any consolation, other "new civ" mods I have tried have the same icon problem. The pirate harbor is now using the monument icon.

finally succeeded capturing a galley with a caravel, so I know it works.

Black Bart is so powerful I feel like acting like a barbarian all game and letting someone else win :)

raen and kingchris20 like this.
  5. kingchris20

The only one I've tried that actually has the icons working is the Glorious Master PC race, but once I start the game with it, it crashes back to the menu. So whatever that person did with the art is iOS compatible, however, some of his custom 3D models must cause the crash....and because I don't have custom 3D models, if I could figure out what he did with his art, then I could probably get the icons working in the Pirate mod....

6. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom Chieftain

I absolutely love this MOD! Is it ready for R&F yet? Also- Would you be able to have the civ spawn on a greatest TSL map on an island or isthmus. I always seem to get them stuck in the middle of some russian plain. Just hoping.

kingchris20 likes this.
  7. kingchris20

Yes, it works with both vanilla and RaF, it lacks the historical moments art, but otherwise works fine with it. I haven't tried adding TSL, but which map are you speaking of and I can give it a shot the next chance I get?

8. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom Chieftain

I use the Greatest TSL world map. A Cuban Start (Black beard) or even Madagascar (Black Bart) would be worthy. Awesome work!

kingchris20 likes this.