Republican Congressman says liberals hate "real Americans" than lies about it.

EnlightenmentHK

Emperor
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/21/hayes-audio/

On Saturday, Republican North Carolina Reps. Patrick McHenry and Robin Hayes warmed up the crowd at a rally for Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) by throwing red meat to the right-wing audience. As ThinkProgress noted, the New York Observer’s Jason Horowitz reported that Hayes “accused Obama of ‘inciting class warfare’ and said that ‘liberals hate real Americans that work and achieve and believe in God.’”

Hayes spokeswoman, Amanda Little, says that Hayes absolutely denies making the comments that appear in the Observer article.

Audio of the event recorded by Lisa Miller of WFAE in Charlotte, NC now definitively shows that Hayes has been lying about not saying that “liberals hate real Americans.” Here are his exact comments:

"Sarah Palin — she’s a lady that can get ‘er done. She’s been in Alaska. She got ‘er did! Folks, there’s a real America, and liberals hate real Americans that work, and accomplish, and achieve, and believe in God. That’s a great comparison."

In 2006, Hayes said, “Stability in Iraq ultimately depends on spreading the message of Jesus Christ, the message of peace on earth, good will towards men.” As recently as 2005, he was still insisting that there was a link between Saddam Hussein and 9/11.

In the face of the audio, Hayes is now admitting that he did make the comments: "I genuinely did not recall making the statement and, after reading it, there is no doubt that it came out completely the wrong way. I actually was trying to work to keep the crowd as respectful as possible, so this is definitely not what I intended."

Audio is in the link. Basically the national Press's plane had not landed yet, so it appears they thought they could get away with this crap and deny it if called out. Guess they were wrong. Liar and imbecile...but apparently good enough to speak at a McCain/Palin rally.

So, just a quick informal poll. Do you live in real America or fake America? How many of you liberals hate America and real Americans? Another Republican (Michelle Backmann http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuMXa1qJW_M ) is of course recruiting the Press to ferret all of you America haterz, so you might as well come clean now.

Well, according to Biden, there are many unpatriotic Americans(*). Which are YOU?

(*) That actually cracks me up because it was dems that threw hissy fits about people calling them unpatriotic, though I can't for the life of me find any Republican pols calling them that. It was one of those things where the dems said an untruth so long, people believed it. Then their veep candidate actually says it 4 years later!!

Shows how tolerant Republicans are. The nerve this congressmen would say such a thing!

(*) That actually cracks me up because it was dems that threw hissy fits about people calling them unpatriotic, though I can't for the life of me find any Republican pols calling them that. It was one of those things where the dems said an untruth so long, people believed it.

Have you missed the last 7 or so years of Republican rhetoric?

Stupid evil Republicans :mad:

"Sarah Palin — she’s a lady that can get ‘er done. She’s been in Alaska. She got ‘er did! Folks, there’s a real America, and liberals hate real Americans that work, and accomplish, and achieve, and believe in God. That’s a great comparison."
I hate this kind of crap. It's just like if Palin herself was talking. They both appeal to the dumbest of Americans and the end result is that it just injures the whole country.

In 2006, Hayes said, “Stability in Iraq ultimately depends on spreading the message of Jesus Christ, the message of peace on earth, good will towards men.”
You know, the world can do with fewer wars for the sake of god. Osama bin Laden believes he's doing the work of god too. :shake:

If Reps. Bachman and McHenry represent real America then I hate real America. Fortunately they do not.

What we are seeing is the "America - love it or leave it" rhetoric that began in the 60s petering out into a cultish endgame.

Since I'm negative 3 americans I don't have to pay taxes right?

It's no longer "be afraid of terrorists" it is now "be afraid of liberals/anti-American Americans."

Top Bottom