Republican Party..In Tatters?

Actually no. Asians have definately come up in the last few decades. Hispanics are slowly starting to climb the ladder now if you look at the trends.

Because they don't face discrimination at the hands of Republicans the way blacks and Hispanics do. So no reason for blacks or Hispanics to vote Republican.

Because they don't face discrimination at the hands of Republicans the way blacks and Hispanics do. So no reason for blacks or Hispanics to vote Republican.

They did in years past, but you know, but hey, our cultures revolves around studying like crazy and getting gold grades is the entire goal of an Asian Kid. So eventually after a generation or two, we rose up the social ladder.

All foreign races face discrimination when they came to the states because they are minorities. Its the different in culture that make the difference in the long run.

And its not republicans, its society in general. You want to blame everything on conservatives, liberals really aren't much better as a whole.

Hispanics at this point(if you leave out the illegal Mexian immigrants) are actually gaining quite a edge over blacks these days and moving up because their culture is better suited to moving up than the black inner-city culture. Just wait 2 or 3 decades, they will be in a much better place than they are now. Once they get there, they will vote republican because socially, they are conservative anyways.

They won't vote Republican as long as Republicans keep treating them as some sort of a foreign menace.

They won't vote Republican as long as Republicans keep treating them as some sort of a foreign menace.

Well keep repeating that mantra, maybe people will believe you instead of their own lying eyes eventually.

Here in the southwest Anglos and Hispanics have been living together for over a century. We are friends, neighbors and relatives. Sometimes it's the "Anglo" who is a Republican, sometimes it is the "Latino". We treat one another with respect regardless of race, ethnicity or political affiliation. Most of us worry about the effects of unfettered illegal immigration because we are at ground zero, not because we are afraid of "brown people", the Spanish language or spicy food.

Well keep repeating that mantra, maybe people will believe you instead of their own lying eyes eventually.

Here in the southwest Anglos and Hispanics have been living together for over a century. We are friends, neighbors and relatives. Sometimes it's the "Anglo" who is a Republican, sometimes it is the "Latino". We treat one another with respect regardless of race, ethnicity or political affiliation. Most of us worry about the effects of unfettered illegal immigration because we are at ground zero, not because we are afraid of "brown people", the Spanish language or spicy food.

Paid any attention to what the GOP has being doing to Hispanics over the past 3 years? They're tossing away all their goodwill in that department.

If you're trying to argue that Latinos vote Republican at a rate similar to how they vote Democrat, you'd be wrong. And, I'm speaking as a Californio.

Source

His firm, which conducts interviews in both English and Spanish, had found that Latino voters — somewhat against the conventional wisdom — were relatively engaged by this election and for the most part were going to vote Democratic. Mr. Barreto also found that Latino voters who prefer to speak Spanish — about 40 percent of Latino voters in California meet this description, he told me — are particularly likely to vote Democratic. Pollsters who don’t conduct bilingual interviewing at all, or who make it cumbersome for the respondent to take the poll in Spanish, may be missing these voters.

Now, I'm not going to be foolish (in the way that so many others are) and take "Latino" to mean this homogenous group. Cubans in Florida do vote heavily Republican. You have a range of very different Latino demographics in the NE (and NYC in particular), etc.... But, you were speaking about CA and the SW and, in this area Latinos vote Democratic. Not uniformly or by some overwhelming difference, but that is where they cast their votes and the national Republican position on immigration will NEVER help that party in the SW.

Paid any attention to what the GOP has being doing to Hispanics over the past 3 years? They're tossing away all their goodwill in that department.

You'd better tell me what the GOP has done to Hispanics over the past 3 years, as I'm sure I won't be able to guess what you mean by that.

If you're trying to argue that Latinos vote Republican at a rate similar to how they vote Democrat, you'd be wrong....

I am not arguing or even inferring that.

Now, I'm not going to be foolish (in the way that so many others are) and take "Latino" to mean this homogenous group. Cubans in Florida do vote heavily Republican. You have a range of very different Latino demographics in the NE (and NYC in particular), etc.... But, you were speaking about CA and the SW and, in this area Latinos vote Democratic. Not uniformly or by some overwhelming difference, but that is where they cast their votes and the national Republican position on immigration will NEVER help that party in the SW.

What is the national Republican position on immigration? As far as I can tell there isn't one worthy of the name. That said I fail to see how it could hurt or help them. Of course the smear campaign (see Cutlass' post above or even the insinuation in your own) can hurt.

Both parties are in fact in a bind in regards to the issue. It is abundantly clear that the leadership of both parties would prefer amnesty and no real enforcement of immigration or labor laws as befits those who represent employers (ie the wealthy) over employees. It is also abundantly clear that amnesty (euphemistically called Immigration Reform) is a loser for both parties at the moment, costing them far more votes than it will give them. Thus Democratic lip service to Latinos over amnesty and Republican lip service to working class Whites over enforcement.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2010/results/polls/#USH00p1

Just look at the numbers cutlass. Yes, Latinos Asians still favor democrats over all, but far more of these two ethniticities are voting democraft than blacks. The reason is pretty simple, they've been climbing up the social ladder and latinos will continue to do so. As they do so, they will become more and more republican.

Your going to see a large shift in Latino vote as they climb the social ladder in the next few decades.

Recent immigrants are going to vote more democratic but the second and third generation are less likely to do so.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2010/results/polls/#USH00p1

Just look at the numbers cutlass. Yes, Latinos Asians still favor democrats over all, but far more of these two ethniticities are voting democraft than blacks. The reason is pretty simple, they've been climbing up the social ladder and latinos will continue to do so. As they do so, they will become more and more republican.

Your going to see a large shift in Latino vote as they climb the social ladder in the next few decades.

Recent immigrants are going to vote more democratic but the second and third generation are less likely to do so.

Saying that they will become more selfish and irresponsible as they get richer is not a complement.

Saying that they will become more selfish and irresponsible as they get richer is not a complement.

More like they want to keep more of their own money rather than give it to lazy bums who don't work.

Welfare teaches people to rely on the government and irresponsible.

Robbing from the Rich and giving to the poor isn't Noble, its criminal.

More like they want to keep more of their own money rather than give it to lazy bums who don't work.

Lots of people say that. No one has ever said where the jobs will come from for the people you refuse to allow to eat.

Lots of people say that. No one has ever said where the jobs will come from for the people you refuse to allow to eat.

They should get some skills that are wanted.

No is obliged to give you a job doing what you want.

If you choose the easy fun route in college and get a major in some random liberal art that has no application in the job market, its your own fault.

And Cutlass, get real. No one in America is starving. Studies have shown that virtually no one in America is going hungry. Thats a complete myth. There's enough charities around in most places to feed everyone.

They should get some skills that are wanted.

No is obliged to give you a job doing what you want.

If you choose the easy fun route in college and get a major in some random liberal art that has no application in the job market, its your own fault.

And Cutlass, get real. No one in America is starving. Studies have shown that virtually no one in America is going hungry. Thats a complete myth. There's enough charities around in most places to feed everyone.

Homelessness has doubled since the war on welfare started. So has prison populations and police budgets. You are paying more for your self-righteousness than you would pay for welfare.

Homelessness has doubled since the war on welfare started. So has prison populations and police budgets. You are paying more for your self-righteousness than you would pay for welfare.

Homelessness always goes up in recessions, regardless of what the policies are. They haven't kept any good stats since the 1980s on the subject. A study done in 2008 shows about 1 in 200 people where homeless sometime during a 12-month period. Thats half of one percent.

Robbing from the Rich and giving to the poor isn't Noble, its criminal.

Look, I am a libertarian who opposes most welfare and also the minimum wage, but nobody is robbing from the rich. The rich are paying their fee for living in society and the poor, who also pay this fee when they work, are receiving services that comes with society. The rich will be able to collect those services if they ever become poor, as many actually have during the recession.

Also I would like to see evidence that people on welfare are lazy bums. Right now my experience of living in the Bronx, apparently the poorest urban county in the USA, convinces me that people on welfare are hard working people trying to move forward and get off welfare as soon as they find employment. The lazy people are the ones who don't go to welfare but instead live in their grandparents basement playing World of Warcraft all day or whatever it is they do, and will likely inherit the house and other assets without contributing absolutely anything worthy to society.

I'm sorry if I am playing devil's advocate but I really appreciate facts, especially from my own side.

Look, I am a libertarian who opposes most welfare and also the minimum wage, but nobody is robbing from the rich. The rich are paying their fee for living in society and the poor, who also pay this fee when they work, are receiving services that comes with society. The rich will be able to collect those services if they ever become poor, as many actually have during the recession.

Also I would like to see evidence that people on welfare are lazy bums. Right now my experience of living in the Bronx, apparently the poorest urban county in the USA, convinces me that people on welfare are hard working people trying to move forward and get off welfare as soon as they find employment. The lazy people are the ones who don't go to welfare but instead live in their grandparents basement playing World of Warcraft all day or whatever it is they do, and will likely inherit the house and other assets without contributing absolutely anything worthy to society.

I'm sorry if I am playing devil's advocate but I really appreciate facts, especially from my own side.

I live in the downtown madison Area and there are plenty of homeless people(same ones year after year) that are always begging and asking for money(seen the same types in other cities). Half the time they're just sitting around smoking or something. They usually use all the money they get from begging for buying beer/drugs, so they have to be getting the money to buy food/clothes from somewhere. Alot of them, ironically have new name-brand shoes somehow.

Top Bottom