Republicans warn Jews that a Dem. vote = second Holocaust

EnlightenmentHK

Emperor
Staying classy as always.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/6078422.html

"Jewish Americans cannot afford to make the wrong decision on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008," the e-mail reads. "Many of our ancestors ignored the warning signs in the 1930s and 1940s and made a tragic mistake. Let's not make a similar one this year!"

A copy of the e-mail, provided by Democratic officials, says it was "Paid for by the Republican Federal Committee of PA — Victory 2008."

It warns "Fellow Jewish Voters" of the danger of a second Holocaust due to the threats to Israel from its neighbors and touts Republican presidential candidate John McCain's qualifications over those of Obama.

Of course the Pennsylvania Republicans who wrote it are now disavowing it. The McCain Campaign has repudiated it.

State GOP officials disavowed the e-mail and said the strategist who helped draft it had been fired.

"The Republican Party of Pennsylvania did not authorize that e-mail," Michael Barley, communications director for the state party, told The Associated Press on Saturday evening.

Of course the guy who wrote the thing says otherwise.

Political consultant Bryan Rudnick was identified as the person responsible for it. Rudnick, reached Saturday night, confirmed that he no longer works for the party, which employed him a few weeks ago as a consultant to do outreach to Jewish voters.

"I had authorization from party officials" to send the e-mail, Rudnick said, but he declined to say who had signed off on it. "I'm not looking to drag anyone else through the mud, so I'm not naming names right now," he said.

That's some outreach there. And for your viewing pleasure, your moment of zen.

The McCain campaign also repudiated the e-mail. Spokesman Peter Feldman said Saturday night that McCain "rejects politics that degrade our civics."

Yes. The same Peter Feldman who embellished and exploited the mugging/face carving incident before it was proven a hoax is suddenly worried about the degradation of our civics.

Truly a campaign we can all be proud of.

So now Obama = Hitla?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. As if ANY American President would abandon Israel.

Oh God, this is pathetic.

Barley said a "correction" would be sent out to everyone who received it.
This had better be a meaningful one and not some 8pt "errata" notice intended only to deflect liability.

How the hell did such a thing get sent in the first place?

Well I for one am glad the truth is finally out. Barrack Obama is a Black Islamo-Extremist Nazi Race Traitor.

John McCain '08.

After I mentioned this on IRC to some friends:
Me: "Ten days left; how much more farcical can this election get?"
Other guy: "Is there a betting pool?"

Does anyone have any suggestions what measurements we might use to set up a betting pool?

I don't think that's particularly true. They'd probably just enslave them and make them work on their plantations.

About the only way this election could get more farcical is if Palin turns out to be Dick Cheney in drag.

Well around these parts, now that it's been shown Obama is black Hitler, Pannonius should be on board.

About the only way this election could get more farcical is if Palin turns out to be Dick Cheney in drag.
My friends suggested a few more things:
-McCain shows up in person at Obama's place during the election and rickrolls him.
-Obama turns out to be a white guy in blackface.
-McCain turns out to be an albino black guy.

The McCain campaign did repudiate it, no? Maybe some guy working for them gave the green light, but it seems that the campaign command did not agree with it and took the measures.

Do we really need another thread about how evil Republicans are? Note the thread title: Republicans warn Jews that a Dem. vote = Second Holocaust.

So if some Democrat (let's say Al Sharpton), says something like this:

The Democrats said:
White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it

I am entitled to say that the Democrats are homophobic whackjobs with no understanding of history and likely black supremacists?

The McCain campaign did repudiate it, no? Maybe some guy working for them gave the green light, but it seems that the campaign command did not agree with it and took the measures.

Do we really need another thread about how evil Republicans are? Note the thread title: Republicans warn Jews that a Dem. vote = Second Holocaust.

I am entitled to say that the Democrats are homophobic whackjobs with no understanding of history and likely black supremacists?

It's a sad reflection on the whole nation. We, the supposed beacon of light and freedom, resort to scare tactics, phone-line jamming, and robocalls to run our democracy.

If Republicans continue to do evil things, why is it wrong to report on them? If you've got someone from the Obama campaign saying what you just quoted, feel free to post it. I'm not bringing up stuff that Hannity, Rush, or Michael Savage said. I'm posting what has come out of the Republican campaign. Now if Obama hires Sharpton as an adviser, you might have something.

And yeah the national campaign has repudiated it and most likely did not sign off on it. But it is not the least bit inconsistent with the overall tone and conduct of the national campaign. They have been appealing to hate, fear, and bigotry just as this Pennsylvania Republican effort did. The permissiveness on such appeals from the top absolutely contributed to these sorts of things happening at the state level. And at worst, it represents an incompetence of leadership at the national and state level that they couldn't keep their minions in line. Obama manages to keep most of his people reasonably on the reservation, why can't McCain?

It's a sad reflection on the whole nation. We, the supposed beacon of light and freedom, resort to scare tactics, phone-line jamming, and robocalls to run our democracy.

And the Republicans have the monopoly of those, I presume?

Bwahahahaha

I wish, it would make elections a lot easier.

If by monopoly you mean 100%, no. But if you mean the more standard industry use of the term monopoly, where they're discussing in the 80-90% range, than yes. They employ dirty tricks at a scale and scope that Democrats couldn't dream of.

Top Bottom