1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reputation question:

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by FM_Freyland, Dec 21, 2004.

1. FM_Freyland

FM_Freyland Vote with your wallets!

Hi there

If I have an agreement with another civ, say I give them wines and they give me XX gpt, and they declare war on me during that time, do I take a rep hit or just them?

Thanks!

Jonathan

2. Randy

Randy Prince

No, but the AI does.

3. MSTK

MSTK Deity

4. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

only the person who is trading the rescources, like in the article MSTK linked to.

5. Choffy

Choffy One more turn

Comment
    If you are trading with a civ A and the trade is only possible using road or coast of a civ B, you will get a Reputation hit if B declares war on you.

6. gunkulator

gunkulator Emperor

Be careful about getting gpt from the AI. If they get into dire straights and are unable to pay, no matter how friendly they are they will always declare war to get out of the deal. Sometimes it is best to back off on the maximum they are willing to pay.

7. Alpha Infantry

Alpha Infantry Makin Ya Mans Clap You!

^forgot that
    if they owe me, and aint playin
    they goin get merked.
    cos all my warriors be gangsta.

8. USMC

USMC Gratefully Stateside

Does anyone know how long you have to keep an AI city before disbanding it to avoid a rep hit? Is it turns or do you just have to starve it down to 1, let it grow to size 3 (city is now 2/3 your nationality), then disband? Read about this somewhere once, but it may not apply to C3C.