1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Req] Ancient Lybian / Numidian citylist

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Madeira, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Madeira

Madeira Emperor

Im adding Ancient Lybia to my mod, to populate north africa a bit since there's no Carthage and to give the Egyptians another adversary.

Im using Osorkon as king and have some military leaders, using Firaxis' Hannibal leaderhead for lack of a better one. Just need a city list.

I have a berber list but it seems to be composed of names of tribes and not actual cities or settlements.

Lybian and Numidian is good, Carthaginian not so much since the Phoenicians are in my mod and they use carthaginian city names.

If you also know of maps showing important cities location it would help :)

Thanks

2. rifleman

rifleman Varangian Guard

3. Madeira

Madeira Emperor

Been there :)

4. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Why don´t you copy the Phoenician city names from the Mesopotamia Conquest? They´re one of the parts in the scenario that aren´t historically inaccurate.

5. Madeira

Madeira Emperor

Because they're Phoenicians and not Numidian/Lybian, but if you know any of those names are actually numidian please tell me

I managed to find a few names, and I'll use the berber list i have if i cant find some more.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

No, no, I meant, since you´re using the Phoenicians, use a Phoenician city list for the Phoenicians instead of a Carthaginian city list, such as:
    Spoiler :
    Tyre
    Sidon-Ugarit-Berytus-Byblos-Arvad-Acco-Kition-Carthage-Utica-Malaca-Caralis
    Panormus-Leptis Parva-Cartenna-Rusicade-Gades-Rusucurru-Girba
    Leptis Magna-Carthago Nova-Oea-Tingis-Rusaddir-Alalia-Selinus-Himera-Akragas
    Theveste-Saguntum-Carteia-Mainake-Sexi-Abdera-Lixus-Hippo Regius
    Hadrumentum-Sabrata-Soleis-Motya-Tharros-Sulcis-Nora-Mago-Palma-Ebusus
    Kinyps-Melite-Lilybaeum-Lucentum-Meninx-Acholla-Thapsos-Kossyra-Gaulos-Diarrhytos
    Igilgilis-Kartaia-Kasios-Karmel
    And then copy the Carthaginian city list for the Numidians and the Lybians, maybe copy some of the Egyptians, since they conquered Cyrenaica sometime.
    A couple:
    • Numidia: Sitifis; Lambaesis; Caesarea
    • Lybia: Sabratha; Leptis Magna; Cyrene.
    Remember, all the cities tyat Carthage once held were eventually conquered by the Numidians under Massinissa between the Second and Third Punic Wars, and Egyptians, Carthaginians and Numidians all held control of at least part of Lybia at some time.

7. Exoticpollution

Exoticpollution Chieftain

8. Madeira

Madeira Emperor

@ Takhisis, Oh.. Im goind to do that for the Phoenicians, and add some of those for the Lybians. Managed to find some more so I have a good list now. Thanks

@ Exoticpollution, came across that map yesterday ;) Thanks

Here's my Lybian list:

Cirta
    Theveste
    Aujila
    Tunes
    Bulla
    Medenine
    Sabratha
    Mahdia
    Waga
    Sitifis
    Gafsa
    Pupput
    Maktar
    Thabraca
    Tataouine

I have Cirta, Tunes, and Gafsa allready founded at scenario start, in aproximate realistic locations on the map, with plenty of room for expantion.

9. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Tataouine, eh? doesn´t a retired Jedi called Ben Kenobi live there in a cave?

10. Madeira

Madeira Emperor

Hehehe, look that up in wiki ;)

11. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I have. George Lucas named the planet Taotoine because of the Tunisian town, -as shown in the map. Who knows?