REQ: how n00bs should act in multiplayer?

Silent_Bob

Chieftain
This is mainly a request for a more experienced player than I, but could someone write a simple FAQ on the proper ettiquite of online civ4 play? I know i'm not the only online noob; having a stickied FAQ at the top of this forum could cut down on the flaming and aggrivation that comes along with playing a game involving a few noobs (at least for those of us who are dilligent enough to read a little before gaming...)

Thanks to anyone who decides to pick up the ball!:goodjob:

- Silent Bob

Play only when you have really no "end point" so that once you start you do not have to say at some point " sorry guys i have to go" and bam dissapear. :)

I just played my first MP game of civ 4 last night and it wasn't as hardcore as I expected the scene to be. The people I played with were friendly enough and if I did have a question they were all too happy to answear me.

The best thing to do is to just hop right into a game and as long as you're being friendly and polite you'll be fine.

Magzi said:
Join a clan to learn ;)

And how would one go about doing that, please?

Be nice and courtious. There is also no need to stop doing this once you are no longer a newbie :).

As a new player, I would suggest you play in some team games. Follow the orders that are given to you, but if you are wondering why you're doing something, you should ask. You might as well learn from the experience rather than just being a drone that moves their units as the captain suggests.

You should also play at least a few 1v1 games where you try to rush the other player. Even if it doesn't work, you'll learn a lot of valuable lessons about "fighting smart," sending units at the right time, and expanding quickly.

Top Bottom