[Request] Allow suspension of construction, and resume where we left off?

g02703

Chieftain
Suppose that I am currently constructing a building or wonder. All of a sudden, one of the factions lowered their opinion of me, so I need to quickly switch to constructing a military unit for defense in case of war.

If I'm halfway through that building, and I switch, I will end up wasting all those hammers (or bolts). Yes, I will have to build the military unit from 0 production. BUT, when I come back to construct that building, I don't want to start from 0 production again - I want to start from where I left off in production so that I will have fewer turns left to complete it when I switch back to building it. I think this scenario is more realistic, at least, I want it.

Is this possible to mod, or does it require a change in the base code to allow for it?

Indeed, that's standard functionality.

If I remember correctly there is some decay-formula going on if you're suspending work on a project for too long but that should hardly ever actually come into play.

You guys were right. I just tried it right now, even in RT. I purposely switched to clinic when the worker was only 1 turn from completion. I completed the clinic, and went back to the worker, and there was 1 turn left, from where I left it.

I probably didn't notice it because by the time I switched back to my incomplete build, aliens have landed on my production-yield tiles. I didn't notice that we come back to a tech we previously left off.

Awesome! No mod needed for this.

But still - I remember in Civ 1 and 2 where you could buy off a building or unit still in production, for less money than full price, depending on its production progress. This was good for cities that had low-production-yielding tiles. I don't think this applies in CivBE.

Top Bottom