1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Request] Allow suspension of construction, and resume where we left off?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Modding Discussion' started by g02703, Apr 4, 2016.

1. g02703

g02703 Chieftain

Suppose that I am currently constructing a building or wonder. All of a sudden, one of the factions lowered their opinion of me, so I need to quickly switch to constructing a military unit for defense in case of war.

If I'm halfway through that building, and I switch, I will end up wasting all those hammers (or bolts). Yes, I will have to build the military unit from 0 production. BUT, when I come back to construct that building, I don't want to start from 0 production again - I want to start from where I left off in production so that I will have fewer turns left to complete it when I switch back to building it. I think this scenario is more realistic, at least, I want it.

Is this possible to mod, or does it require a change in the base code to allow for it?

2. Starrynite120

Starrynite120 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure that already happens in Vanilla

3. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Indeed, that's standard functionality.

If I remember correctly there is some decay-formula going on if you're suspending work on a project for too long but that should hardly ever actually come into play.

4. Syrkres

Syrkres Chieftain

yep - works with techweb as well I believe.

5. g02703

g02703 Chieftain

You guys were right. I just tried it right now, even in RT. I purposely switched to clinic when the worker was only 1 turn from completion. I completed the clinic, and went back to the worker, and there was 1 turn left, from where I left it.

I probably didn't notice it because by the time I switched back to my incomplete build, aliens have landed on my production-yield tiles. I didn't notice that we come back to a tech we previously left off.

Awesome! No mod needed for this.

But still - I remember in Civ 1 and 2 where you could buy off a building or unit still in production, for less money than full price, depending on its production progress. This was good for cities that had low-production-yielding tiles. I don't think this applies in CivBE.