1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Request and Discussion: Israeli-Themed Sponsor

Discussion in 'CivBE - Mod Development' started by schwartzpedro, Dec 9, 2014.

1. schwartzpedro

schwartzpedro Chieftain

Hey guys, I've seen some of the cool stuff people do for Sponsors and Civs here,and it got me thinking, since there are some Middle-East oriented Sponsors, why not do an Israeli-themed one?

Since I just played a little of BE, I dont know how to start with what it could bring to the table, but using things like the Siccari as a special unit would be a good idea,what do you guys think?

2. Qbix

Qbix Chieftain

Is there actually a way to give specific sponsors a unique unit? Didn't see any of that sort so far.

3. Rayki

Rayki Chieftain

Qbix: You can give sponsors their own unique units, however the process requires a fair bit more code than the Civ 5 way which no longer works but would be incredibly easy if it did:

First create your unit as you would any other.

Next in your civilizations XML you scroll down to UnitOverrides and copy the Alien override then paste it in 7 times (or for as many sponsors you DON'T want to have the unit).

Then change each <CivilizationType> tag so you have an override for each sponsor who isn't supposed to get the unit.

Another way to do this is:

First create a unique building for your sponsor, I believe this can be done quite easily if you look at the Project Chiron mod.

Next create your unit

Lastly make your units build requirements the new building you created which is sponsor specific.

Method A is messier and will cause your unique units to show up for for any other mod. You also modify less files to achieve your goal.
    Method B is cleaner and will keep your unit completely specific to your faction no matter what other mods are running. This method will alter more files as you need to create more building files.

I guess it just depends on how many files you want to play with to acheive your goals. :)

4. V3N0M

V3N0M Chieftain

I'd give an israeli sponsor ARC's current ability and give ARC a military production ability.