1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Cahokia Mounds using Classical Era architecture

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by AriaLyric, Apr 15, 2021.

1. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder Vietnam & Māori Main

I was thinking that it'd be really cool to have a mod that makes Cahokia Mounds use Classical era architecture instead of Ancient era architecture.
    I tried looking into modding this in myself, looking at how Leugi's City Styles mod goes about making the new Ancient era architecture it adds be compatible with Cahokia Mounds, but it looks like rather than the game generating Ancient era architecture on top of the Cahokia Mounds improvement, like I initially thought, the game just has a preset graphic for each type of Ancient era architecture, and Leugi's City Styles mod just adds 3 more preset graphics for the 3 new Ancient era architecture types it adds.
    If it was just a matter of coding the game to generate Cahokia Mounds with Classical architecture instead of Ancient architecture, I'd have enough confidence in my ability to do it myself that I'd be posting in the Mod Creation Help subforum right now instead. I might still look into making this myself, but as-is I'm not confident I'd be able to get it done any time soon and I wouldn't at all mind someone else sniping the idea from me. ;)