Request: Christmas flavored items

Paalikles

Emperor
Over at GCF, we are (or rather Ginger Ale is) busy creating a little sump'n sump'n for the holidays. But we havent all the skills for completing all the tasks, and would like to hear if there are someone here who can lend a hand.

See also the city graphics request by Gogf

What we would like

Santa's workshop - for a wonder (in game it will produce an elf unit every 5 turns - and if we cant find any elf unit to use, it will be the crusader though)

Santa's sleigh - wonder - requirement: reindeer

Elf - produced by santa's workshop every nth turn

The following can either be resources or units:

Gingerbread men (or women for that sake)

Snowman - perhaps landmark terrain or unit would be best for this one

and if you feel like it, any item wich you associate with the upcoming holiday (whether Xmas or "Hannuka"... (spelling?) would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

For reference, here is the url:
Christmas epic @GCF

Edit: added some details

Since unexisted made a santa leaderhead, we got that one covered, but that suggests we need a Grinch leaderhead, no?

Another thing would be to have snowcovered fortresses - for all ages - the kind you build as a child to face the enemy of other children wanting to hit you with snowballs. Since obviously the holidays are good times for snowball fights - nothing fancy, just something to fit with the winter terrain.

Any takers on any of these btw?

Paalikles said:
Another thing would be to have snowcovered fortresses - for all ages - the kind you build as a child to face the enemy of other children wanting to hit you with snowballs. Since obviously the holidays are good times for snowball fights - nothing fancy, just something to fit with the winter terrain.

Gosh, what idyllic place do you live in where you ever got to do that? We hardly ever get snow where I live, and I've never seen it at Christmas... most unfair...

We have made some design changes:

Gingerbread has been added as a resource

5 christmas decorations (improvements) + 1 presents resource required to build the small wonder that is the Christmas tree.

So now we need:

-snowball fighter
-christmas graphics for cities (see Gogf's request thread)
-flavor units for the Grinch and Santa civs:
-elf unit - available with Santa's workshop, produced once every 5 turns.

-Santa's workshop graphics (we are currently using already existing c3c graphics)
-Santa's sleigh graphics (we are currently using already existing c3c graphics)

We have a deadline set to 1st of December for this, so if anyone has any interest in helping out, please speak up.

In the dark lands of Flanconia, a mysterious cult has assembled. Together they use their black magic to revive an old dusty scroll

Having moved back to page 3 or so, I guess it is time for a BUMP

Gogf has done the map now, so all we need are some winter city graphics
and if someone has any interest in making the improvements and wonders suggested, please do so.

Well, there are three factions. The faction of Santa Claus, who is at war with the evil Grinch. And then there is the faction you play - King Holiday's faction.

I dont know how far Gogf has come with the biq file yet.

For balance issues, we may have to add an ally of the Grinch

Thanks Mr. Hyperbole, we'll use some of those!

Now all we really need are city graphics.

About the Grinch ally: I'll post in the hidden forum.

Very cool. Subtle, yet cool. You totally rock, so I am going to send Gogf a thousand PMs asking him to add this (which shouldnt take much effort)

Okay, this is being added into the mod :).

It will be released tonight.

@Pounder: In the credits, is there any website that you want linked to your name?

Top Bottom