1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Request Civ Control Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by articus, Apr 19, 2017.

1. articus

articus Chieftain

I'm looking for a mod that changes the civilization that I control

2. Vincour

Vincour A Minor Character Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization!

3. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Well, there's plenty of those. Check one of the modpacks like Civ3 Expanded, CCM, Worldwide etc.

4. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "change the civilization that I control"? Do you mean like a superficial change, like new graphics for the leaderhead, or a completely new civ like in Civ 5, with unique units, but the overall game remains exactly the same?

5. articus

articus Chieftain

Sorry for my bad english eheh anyway I meant in the current game to exchange your civilization with that controlled by the computer. For example: I'm starting with the Romans I'm winning it, but I'm bored, and I want to take computer controlled Egyptians to try and win with them. I would like to know if there is a program or mod that can do this

I did this sometimes with the multiplayer scenario, but can only hold 8 players and in games with more civilization, the game destroys the extra ones

6. Jorsalfare

Jorsalfare Chieftain

Sima Qian created a tool that allows you to have 31 civs in a mulriplayer/hotseat game. Thread about this tool is here. With this tool you can control any number of the civilisations (even barbarians). It also allows you to take control over an AI-civ and give AI control over "your" civ (swapping civs as much as you like). I have used this tool earlier for testing purposes, and it works fine (under Windows XP anyway - haven't tried on win7, 8 or 10).

7. articus

articus Chieftain

Hi again i tried you'r tool, there isn't a way to change the game from multiplayer to normal?

8. Jorsalfare

Jorsalfare Chieftain

First: this is not my tool - it was created by Sima Qian.
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to switch from multiplayer mode to single player mode. You could just continue to play in multiplayer/hotseat mode with AI controlling all civs except "yours".

9. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

I read the info given from that thread, and it appears yes you can change from multiplayer to normal game.. or you can change to play any other civs in a single player game etc.. it looks pretty cool.