request for anyone who hasn't updated the game yet.

darkace77450

Emperor
I posted this on reddit, but I'm going to cast a wider net and hope someone can help me out. If anyone hasn't installed today's patch yet I'd be appreciate it if you could dive into your Australia DLC folder and open the Australia_Civilizations file and tell me primary and secondary color values. Thanks.

Somebody will probably remember. If not youtube is flooded with lets plays.

Original colours were:
pale orange RGBA 240,160,0,255
white RGBA 255,255,255,255

IMHO they should have adjusted Arabia to be green and white, like the saudi flag colours, which would make green and gold available for us Aussies. We could have the inverse of Brazil's colours.

Yellowish brown and white. Orangish?
He's looking for the actual color code so he can create a mod called, my guess would be "3 EMS's Aussie Color Reversion Mod" that reverts Australia's colors to their pre-R+F state.

He's looking for the actual color code so he can create a mod called, my guess would be "3 EMS's Aussie Color Reversion Mod" that reverts Australia's colors to their pre-R+F state.
I didn't know that. I see that Futumch posted the RGB codes so he got what he needed.
Apologies to darkace for misunderstanding your question. I didn't connect values to number codes. Flew right over my head.

Original colours were:

IMHO they should have adjusted Arabia to be green and white, like the saudi flag colours, which would make green and gold available for us Aussies. We could have the inverse of Brazil's colours.

Totally agree with this, maybe Zulu can get their Civ V colours back and give theirs to the Arabs.

I didn't know that. I see that Futumch posted the RGB codes so he got what he needed.
Apologies to darkace for misunderstanding your question. I didn't connect values to number codes. Flew right over my head.
That's ok. You misread what he typed. I mis-attributed WHO typed it when it was literally right there in the quote code, so I figure I win for the bigger blunder because you legit had no idea what he was actually asking while I actually did something dumb :D

Totally agree with this, maybe Zulu can get their Civ V colours back and give theirs to the Arabs.
I'm modding that before I even launch R&F. Zulus will be white and black (inverse of religious CS almost), Aussies green and gold. It's about 20 seconds to edit the four values.

Can you do that just by editing these?

<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRALIA_PRIMARY</Type><Color>0,142,3,255</Color></Row><Row><Type>COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRALIA_SECONDARY</Type><Color>0,0,0,255</Color> (Post patch)

Found here: D:\Games\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Australia\Data\Australia_Civilizations.xml. Here because its a DLC civ. Main civs are found in a file called colors.

Some civs are hard to read because of the color combinations.

Yes, the DLC colour definitions are in their own little sub-folders, the base game has a pretty hefty colours file to play with. And I agree some civs are quite hard to see against the terrain.

While I can't imagine it would be as popular, they apparently changed Indonesia's too, so does anyone have those for reference?

While I can't imagine it would be as popular, they apparently changed Indonesia's too, so does anyone have those for reference?
I thought they did. I didn't actually play Indonesia, but I kept a record of their old colours (I think). I had them down as red and blue, slighly less saturated inverse of Norway.
red - 166,37,8
blue - 15,0,117
The new colours are teal and a sort of dark red :
teal - 0,192,162
red - 144,11,0

Original colours were:

Thank you so much!

There's no need to apologize for trying to help someone. I appreciate the effort on your part even if the results weren't what I was looking for.

maybe Zulu can get their Civ V colours back

I'll personally be changing Zulu to white and brown just as soon as I think up a suitable replacement for Nubia's colors.

I don't know if it helps, I replaced Nubia with just lighter versions of their existing colours (pale yellow and light orange).
You could get away with making Nubia white / black, which I used for the Zulus. It doesn't clash with anyone. It's the inverse of the religious city state, and stands out really well on the map.

Last edited:
Top Bottom