1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Request for information

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Jayne, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

I'm trying to find the map of the provinces amongst the threads, but can't see it! I'm probably being blind, but can someone post the link, or the last date and title of the thread. iirc it was mordhiem who made the post.

Thanks. A knighthood for whoever posts first!! :lol:

:queen:

2. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

Well, we have Defining Provinces with a nice start by Octavian and a refined map I've been using by Mordhiem.

The most recent City Plans are Boreum Settler Multi-Poll and Colonization of Chryshe Lands with some great work by Rout.

Ancient History (2 weeks ago!) is my City Plan which proposes M2 (now Mordhiemia), M1 River Mouth, F2, F3, and others.

What I can't find is some recent work by Rout on G2NE, soon to be a city built by the current MD Settler (I hope).

Edit: Found it. Rout pinpoints the new city G2NE in Boreum Settler Multi-Poll (above) using Starlifter's patterns.

3. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Arise, Sir Nemo!

4. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

From what I've gathered, these are the current provincial borders.

5. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Anyone have the link to a map with the location of F4 marked on it?

6. GaryNemo

Musing over everyone's ideas, I was doodling on my old 1400BC City Plan, and show plenty of new road ideas here. Our two Settlers (1050BC) are shown on this old map as the TWO BLACK CIRCLES. I also suggest our first irrigation be for Regia Civitas (after building a Road there) at the little "i?", and a new Filler F4. Citizens: the sites F2 M2 M1 and G2 (now called G2NE) are the urgent ones. But, Dellham will produce a Settler in 2 turns, for which I suggest the RM River Mouth Site.

See City Plan for the lively discussion last turn.

400BC Comments:
    M2 is now Mordhiemia
    M1 is now Octavia's Point
    F2 is now Gabba Gabba
    RM is now Castle Jayne
    2W is now Civvium

G2 is now called G2NE, adjacent to 3 Forest
    On this map, R4 is my proposal for MonkE's River City.

7. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Thanks. Land Registry updated with new map!

8. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

Now I finally know where the F4 city site is, I'd like to announce that IT STINKS!
    This is a complete waste of a settler we could better use to improve the land around our capital province or to found new, and better cities to the north. When RC grows to size 20 then what will it leave F4? A forest and some sea squares! Wow. Until we get a harbour in that city then it will have to steal squares from RC.

9. GaryNemo

Suit yourself. It's a long walk anywhere else, but we do have the Roads for the Trade Route business as an idea. LN must build another Settler now. We might irrigate 2 GLS, and then both LN and TFalls would maintain 2 Settlers. That would be 4 workers, moving North.

I still like F4, tho. I agree about the Forest, Ocean, Harbor, and temporary usage of RC territory, duke, and that's why I like F4!

10. MonkE

MonkE Primate Philosopher

Isn't this how it is so often in the middle of a game? Without rigorous analysis, there's just a gut feel. In a solo game there's nobody to disagree - Democracy is more interesting, no? :)

Back on the issue, my 'gut' craves the completion of a road network.

I do see some benefit for the filler city, but isn't the increased number of cities somehow related to the appearance of the double unhappy black dudes? If so, wouldn't it makes sense to concentrate on building at the prime sites?

11. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

I like filler cities if they are potentially self-sufficient. If they have the option of surviving by themselves initially then fine. I realise that the whole point of these cities is to borrow tiles but if this is at the cost of the "parent" city then it's a bad thing. RC is still celebrating, and can go up to size 8 before we'll need an aqueduct. What will that leave F4 with?

12. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

The settler would be better used building roads north to link that arm of the continent in case of the need to mobilize, or sent to irrigate, or sent to found cities in the north, or joined to a city, or disbanded, or used as a defensive unit, or given away, or used for target practice....:undecide:

13. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

...or used to build a city elsewhere?

14. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

It could set off N building roads, then build a minor city when it gets up there later

15. heliogabalus

heliogabalus Warlord

Let's postpone (indefinitely) F4 and find a better use for the settler building our road network/ founding cities that stake our claim to the north!

16. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

A road network that links all our soutern cities to Castle Jayne would be great for mobilzing units and delivering caravans.