Request: Inuit Units

Corvex

Emperor of Canada
There's already an extremely good Inuit leaderhead out there (though I can't remember who made it), so what we really need now are some decent Inuit units. So I am therefore humbly requesting that one of the extremely talented unit makers on this forum will consider producing the following units:

Kayak: (reference here)
As you can see in the link, this unit should be a simple one-man canoe in which rides a guy in hooded parka. For an attack animation, this guy could hurl harpoons.

Dog sled: (reference here)
This one is probably more complicated: The guy driving the sled should also be in a parka, and he too should hurl harpoons as his attack.

Please, the Inuit are very interesting tribe and I hope that someone will take this into consideration.

I've been barking about a Dogsled for ages! I whole haretly agree and the Kayak is a cool idea as well.

I'm pretty sure someone did a Kayka a long time ago, I'm pretty sure I used the unit in the American Continent Mod and we have a unit very similar of the Dog Sled. Well, I'll need this unit again in a future mod, maybe I do it wasn't done by other unit creator until there :)

There is a kayak but it doesn't exactly look 'Inuit' (the guy who's paddling isn't wearing a parka). The Wolf Chariot (which is customarily used for a dog sled) isn't the best for a number of reasons: 1) It's drawn by wolves, not dogs 2) There aren't enough of them (the wolves) 3) It's a chariot, not a sled 4) Chariots would be useless in the high arctic

Goldflash said:
I've been barking about a Dogsled for ages! I whole haretly agree and the Kayak is a cool idea as well.

Oh! I missed your little pun the first time I read through this thread. Maybe it's just the wierd mood I'm in right now, but for whatever reason, I think it's really funny right now. "Barking" about the dog sled . . . :)

Corvex said:
There is a kayak but it doesn't exactly look 'Inuit' (the guy who's paddling isn't wearing a parka). The Wolf Chariot (which is customarily used for a dog sled) isn't the best for a number of reasons: 1) It's drawn by wolves, not dogs 2) There aren't enough of them (the wolves) 3) It's a chariot, not a sled 4) Chariots would be useless in the high arctic

Well, you could just say that the Wolf Chariot won't work because it's a chariot drawn by wolves. ;)

But, I think your way of putting is funnier.

Corvex said:

Not to mention that the guys driving the chariot are goblins. :D

The Inuits are alot of things, but not Goblins.

ShiroKobbure said:
Utah if you are all interested in making some Inuit units, I would love to design some concept art

Well, I'm interested, but I can't say that it is likely that I will make any. Still, I do appreciate a nice concept sketch every now and then.

Goldflash Comment:
Personally, i think the dog sled attack should have the dogs attacking the enemy as well...

utahjazz7 said:
Well, I'm interested, but I can't say that it is likely that I will make any.

PLEASE DO!!!

By the way, Goldflash, you're right; now that I think about it, it would be cool if the dogs attacked too.

Top Bottom