[REQUEST] Mod to remove first city-state encounter delegate bonus

Arkatakor

King
I'm wondering if its possible to remove the first-to-encounter-city-state delegate bonus via lua or xml. Did I search for delegate in the texts and came up dry. Removing this bonus would go a long way to reducing random early luck starts.

Anyone know where to do this?

Hello,

I believe that what you are looking for is located in the GlobalParameters table. There is a line called INFLUENCE_TOKENS_FREE_FOR_FIRST_PLAYER_MEET. Setting the value to 0 via SQL or XML should give the desired results!
Hope this helped.

Hello,

I believe that what you are looking for is located in the GlobalParameters table. There is a line called INFLUENCE_TOKENS_FREE_FOR_FIRST_PLAYER_MEET. Setting the value to 0 via SQL or XML should give the desired results!
Hope this helped.
Thank you for that. I think i'll create a minimod for this.

A lot of people are finding it ridiculous that in some games they meet no city states and are surrounded by AI who forward settle them and in other games they meet up to 5 city states, getting a delegate in each before they even meet another civ, tilting the scales greatly in their favor. Removing this delegate bonus should go a great deal in reducing lucky starts.

I agree that free delegate is a bit random. Great mod, and glad I could help!
Yeah this too high luck factor has been an issue discussed in more than one thread so its just as well this mod is up for everyone's perusal. The next thing I need to figure out is how to reduce the overbloated costs for districts when you get to new era's.

Top Bottom