1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Request (not important): How to Edit Stability Map?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Royal Tenenbaum, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum A Fine Cup of Covfefe

I want to make India historical/contested for Tibet, along with reducing the Mughals' core area. How would one do this?

This will also do as a nice "How to edit stability map" redirectory.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Knight of Time Moderator

Stability maps (tile historical or not): CvRhyes.cpp -> settlersMaps -> recompile the DLL.

Core areas: Consts.py -> tCoreAreasTL and tCoreAreasBR.

3. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum A Fine Cup of Covfefe

Let's give it a try. Maybe if I'm good enough at it I can help you one day. :crazyeye:

4. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

How do you recompile the dll? I have figured out how to edit the css file but will it work if I just edit/save it as is?

Edit: After further investigation (someone correct me if I'm wrong) CvRhyes.cpp -> settlersMaps appears to apply only to where AIs are likely to settle (not stability), whereas Consts.py applies to Core areas. Is there a separate code for historic but not core areas? Or does settlersMaps cover that? Will changing the numbers affect only the likelihood of a civilization settling it? Or does it have an effect on stability as well? Any advice would be great.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

I can't find CvRhyes.cpp. Maybe it got moved to somewhere else?

6. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

Should be under Sid Meier's Civilization 4 > Beyond the Sword > Mods > Rhye's and Fall of Civilization > CivGameCoreDLL

7. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

Newer versions of DoC no longer include that file. The stability maps are now in SettlerMaps.py. No more need to recompile the DLL to see if your changes worked.

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You can also edit the stabilitymaps ingame in the wb and export the maps to a txt file. Then you can simply copy-paste the new files in the correct python file.

Fresol likes this.
  9. Leoreth

Leoreth Knight of Time Moderator

Right, I deliberately moved these kinds of maps to Python to allow people (and myself) easier editing that does not require compiling a new DLL.

Fresol likes this.