Request of better Sherman Tank

Ansar Al Islam

Chieftain
Have u all realize the sherman in offered by Firaxis looks kind of awkward. The target is too small and the hull is too big. I wonder if any of u have better sherman tank graphics as perferably as the one u see in Rise of Nations. the "M4A3E8", posted by someone else whom I have forgotten doesn't work, becuase it is too big compare to other units in the game. :confused:

I prefer to give Churchill tank to England, T-34 to Russia, chi-ho tank to Japan, Tiger I to Germany, and M4 Sherman to other nations as WWII tanks. The light tank in the WWII in the Pacific scenario, and the M26 Pershing from PTW looks great, but it is not enough.

Of all the tanks in WWII I like sherman the best becuase they were seen in action on D-day, on the Western front, and in North Africa. Even though, they were slaughtered by more powerful German Tigers and Panthers, I consider them to be war winner tanks because they outnumbered German counterparts. Therefore, they should represent general tanks of all the nations (except the ones I have specify above) that are produced before Modern Armor appear.

Hi Ansar, a few notes:

1. Welcome to Civ Fanatics Center

2. This is the wrong forum for requesting units; unit requests should be made in the main Creation & Customization forum. You're only supposed to start threads here if you are posting a completed unit (and the files, of course).

3. I think RipTide released a Sherman Tank a few weeks ago. He's got a post in the Unit Artists' Library thread (one of the threads at the top of this page) with several hundred WWI-Modern era units. You'll have to scroll a bit, but if I remember correctly, the Sherman is in there somewhere (along with the Churchill and others).

Edit: The unit is right here

the civilopedia art of the unit "tank" in \Civilopedia\Icons\Units is called "19ShermanTanklarge" and "19ShermanTanksmall"

Top Bottom