[REQUEST] Option to completely mute the AI

Boombar

Chieftain
AI doesn't know what NO means. Every single turn, from the moment i meet the AI to the end of the game, it is offering me 1 gold for my 1 horse or any other resource. I don't want to sell it. Unless i have 0 of the resources he wants, I am getting spammed EVERY SINGLE TURN. After a while, it becomes just so god damn annoying.

Please give us an option to just mute the damn AI so i can enjoy my game in peace. I literally have to declare war on AI's just to make them stop spamming me with trash deals i don't care about.

Thank you devs for active development of this beautiful mod :)

I literally have to declare war on AI's just to make them stop spamming me with trash deals i don't care about.

What if I tell you it's an AI strategy to declare war to you without diplo penalty :)

AI doesn't know what NO means. Every single turn, from the moment i meet the AI to the end of the game, it is offering me 1 gold for my 1 horse or any other resource. I don't want to sell it. Unless i have 0 of the resources he wants, I am getting spammed EVERY SINGLE TURN. After a while, it becomes just so god damn annoying.

Please give us an option to just mute the damn AI so i can enjoy my game in peace. I literally have to declare war on AI's just to make them stop spamming me with trash deals i don't care about.

Thank you devs for active development of this beautiful mod :)

I second this. This issue irritates the hell out of me. 1 gold for 1 horse, classic.

Open borders every two turns, 5g for 2 iron, 1g for 1 horse but when I have 3 pieces of precious res they won't ask for that, I have to do it manually :( +1

Tiny amounts of gold/resources for a city every other turn is my favorite! :rolleyes:

Second favorite: offering me a deal or renewal, then telling me it is impossible when I accept.

Late game turns - especially on marathon/huge - take long enough without having to engage in these fruitless leader dialogues...

- E

I have also noticed an uptick in this in the latest version, so I think something was changed

Yeah, 1 gold/1 horse deals get to stupid degrees sometimes. I noticed one game (where I had just blindly agreed to most anything JUST to get them stop pestering me lategame), I had twelve separate deals of 1gold/1horse to Byzantium. Which they then wanted to renew. Constantly. xP

(where I had just blindly agreed to most anything JUST to get them stop pestering me lategame)

I do this a lot, where I trade away something I'd prefer to keep just to avoid the spam from AIs giving me lowball offers on it.

There's a prior thread on this same topic where you can see some of Gazebo's thoughts on the issue.

Personally I'd like a "reject all incoming trade requests" option where I can initiate trades with AI but they cannot make an offer to me, with exceptions allowing AIs to offer renewals of existing deals and to negotiate peace. Probably simpler to just put a 10 round cooldown on an AI requesting a trade.

Tiny amounts of gold/resources for a city every other turn is my favorite! :rolleyes:

- E

I settle an absolutely amazing city that has crazy growth and production, has 4 resources that are affected by my pantheon AND has El Dorado in the second ring. Morocco tries to constantly buy it off of me for 3 gpt and a horse, yet when he forward settled me (somehow snaked between 3 of my cities) and I try to by that city off of him for even 75 gpt and a couple luxes (I was doing very well) he refused and that AI deal reader thing told me my deal was valued at -10,000 meaning he would NEVER trade/sell it yet he spent the entire game still trying to buy mine for 3 GPT and a horse and then the deal measure said that it was valued at like +700

Okay, I think we've established we are seeing some odd deals being offered. Let's not make this thread a long list of them and just leave it as is so @Gazebo doesn't have to wade through dozems of pages to see what we think. He's enjoying some real life at the moment, I'd hate for him to come back to this and be swamped by it.

I would also like if AI's stopped asking for open borders. I almost never give AI open borders especially to those with high tourism.

Having to say NO 500 times to the same offer gets really annoying.

Top Bottom