[Request] Reaction fire

vincentz

Programmer
I have recently played a nice little game called Advanced Strategic Command, and while the graphics sucks, the combat strategies rule! It is based on the old dos games Battle Isle, and instead of putting units into defend mode there is an option called Reaction Fire. It works basically this way:
If an enemy unit enters a field close to the Reaction Fire enabled unit, it will be attacked by that unit without the RF unit suffering any damage.
The RF unit will be immobile for the next turns untill reaction fire is disabled.

It could actually be used by largely any unit. For melee it could be called ambush, and archers it could be the volley shot. Though it does seem to fit gunpowder and tanks better and artillery the best. You walk within the range of an artillery possition, good chances are they will try to take you out, while in Civ4 (and rom) you can nice and easely move 30 times around artillery without consequences (if you have enough moves that is).

Just my 50 cents ;)

I think I've heard it called other names before, but I get the basic concept. Sounds like it would make for an interesting chain of promotions too...

Hmm. I do have free time this week. I'll see what I can cook up... :mischief:

Sounds like the Zone of Control of Civ III, I like it, maybe a building in cities to apply likewise?

argh, there's similiar feature already in rom
i forgot the name though, but i believe it's here

argh, there's similiar feature already in rom
i forgot the name though, but i believe it's here

You may be referring to either Opportunity Fire or Attack Support from RevDCM options. Problem is that they are both bugged. I think Afforess will plan on start from bottom up (reinventing the wheel but better than Dale did these two options.) If Afforess can make what Vincentz requested and teach AI to understand it or at least make it automatic like War Prizes, then yeah it would be an awesome modmod :D.

You may be referring to either Opportunity Fire or Attack Support from RevDCM options. Problem is that they are both bugged. I think Afforess will plan on start from bottom up (reinventing the wheel but better than Dale did these two options.) If Afforess can make what Vincentz requested and teach AI to understand it or at least make it automatic like War Prizes, then yeah it would be an awesome modmod :D.
It could be
I remember that an enemy catapult/archer ever attacked me while my unit move on adjacent tile

Top Bottom