1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Request:World War 3,The War at Home

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Motorcitydude, Dec 16, 2005.

1. dc82

dc82 Prince

Some good stuff Lord Iggy. Everything sounds pretty good, even if fictional - only thing I have reservations about is North Korea - Kim Jong Il knows better than to take on the US - if for some reason it decided to go on a suicidal mission to take on the US (maybe some secret alliance w/ Iran, Venezuela, or other anti-US nations), it would first do everything it could to take out South Korea and especially Japan. North Korea puts as much blame on things on Japan as it does on the US and has consistantly threatened it. A more likely situation would be a massive build up of military and nuclear forces in North Korea (perhaps in secret), leading Japan to revise its constitution to build its own military for self-defense (thus upsetting the balance of politics in Asia). Now toss in a volatile Taiwan in the mix and you'll pretty much only need to wait for one mishap or twitchy finger for a giant fireworks display to go off in East Asia.

But yeah, I'd agree with most of your scenario though, it looks more likely that most of the action will be between the Middle East and Western nations - don't forget though, with the steady increase of Arabs and Muslims in much of Europe, if a situation was to break out, Europe might have to deal with riots worse than those of Paris this year.

2. IamSid

IamSid TheTrueIdiot!

That is a very Apolytic setting Lord Iggy.

3. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

2007, Russia and Chechnya begin peacenegotiations, the Russian president visits Grozny, and it taken captured by Al-Qaida (An enemy of the US ofcourse), the Russian army managed to free him and the US sees the action of Al-Qaida collabrating with the Chechens as a reason to intervene against the Chechens, along with Israel and the United Kingdom.

Japan, which ought to see warmer relations with China and North Korea and gathered together at a major congres; North Korea betrays China and Japan and launches nukes to Tokyo and Beijing, the American troops present near Tokyo managed to shoot the nukes down but the Chinese were less lucky and Beijing is hit. It Results that most of the Troops in China are undersupplied and China moves it capital to Shanghai, China's place as worldpower is disputed with the loss of Beijing. North Korea invades China and South Korea.

How does that sound?

4. Interested

Interested Chieftain

Most likely even without NK's threat, Japan in the future will attempt to rebuild its military and fully ignore the WW2 treaties with help of the USA's support as China continue to grow in threat against USA's interest in Asia.

Granted by that Japan regain its military arms with help of the USA, large amount of anti-Americanism begins to grow in Asia. Japan with its military arms presence begins to re-open discussions on formerly WW2 lost Japanese colonies and islands to other nations. South Korea and Taiwan, USA Allies, begins to grow uncomfitable as Japan demands for renegotiation of lands. This forces USA to be in an awekward position in Asia of where to stand. Fearing in angering Japan, a economical and possible military giant ally in Asia, or endangering alliances with other Asian nations.

A few years later after Japan's legit destruction of its treaties in the UN with the US support, Taiwanese political ties unwillingly begins to grow with the mainland in seek for support of fear of Japanese force request of taking back islands.

Both China and USA refuse to at all think about a mutual war. Both parties attempt to defeat one another through support of the UN, Allies and through the might of economy.

USA have achieved successful victories in the ME expect in Isreal. Iranian youths began to threaten the old Islamic fundemental govt and begins to growin favour of electrial govt of the west. ME's societies grows tied of the false jihad and only few islamists continue to threat the people to continue the resistance.

New discoveries from European and other nation agencies have discovered Bin Ladin being really powerless and mystery of Islamic Terrorism begins to be questioned.

The European Union Reforms begins to please many Eastern European Nations. Russian govt attempt to hold influence within its former USSR states begins to weather as economical structure of the EU begins to play its influence automatically on these states.

EU begins to unite Europe and completely relinquish lies with the US with political policies. China seeks to persuade EU as an ally.

North Korea due to its corrupt political structure, begins to die from itself and South Korea taking over much of the area through economical influence.

This would be mostly a very light outlook on the political climate on the situations.

I haven't typed much on the economical at all.

Three most important factors:

The superpower competitors: Japan, China, USA and Russia etc
    The most influencial factions: EU, AU, Taiwan, South Korea, Middle East etc
    The most anti-UN factions: few nations in ME, North Korea, African nations like Zimbabwe etc

Having an influencial faction as an ally grants points towards economical advantages and a stand hold in UN.
    If the current secretary leader can convince an anti-UN faction to vote for or accept reforms in UN resolutions gives large amount of points and influence points amongst others and grants birth of new leaders.
    Having a superpower competitior to sign a defence pact with you allows large economical benefits and relationship with nations friendly with that power. But highly risks the fact of being dragged in a global war conflict.

I think such scenario must focus more on diplomacy and disencourage war as it might risk another world war.

5. Lord Samuel

Lord Samuel Chieftain

America allies itself with China and shock the world by invading Europe. Britain, having left the EU over a dispute about cuisine, shockingly destroys the Americans thanks to our superiority in every way. It then finishes off the Republic of Ireland by towing it out to sea (N.I. not included obviously) thus giving them a United Ireland. Shockingly then the Chinese overrun Europe and burn Jacques Chirac alive. America then turns on China and they nuke each other to hell. Australia meanwhile attempts to invade Indonesia with its 'updated army' but gets utterly mangled. Fortunately I escape to the Magical Moonbase (tm) while all other Earthlings die (because I am of course the most important person on earth). Unfortunately, I'm not partial to green cheese.

6. Banira

Banira Chieftain

One thing about the original post is enormously funny and sad at the same time: China forming an alliance with Vietnam and North Korea. These kinds of dreams can only be dreamt up in the deepest, most isolationist children's bedrooms of white America. I bet Chinese dream that America -or Canada- is going to invade via Taiwan, Japan and through the mountains of Tibet. :lol:

Lord_Iggy, that is not devoid of bias at all!

7. Raize

Raize Warlord

To me, it seems really the only reason China is at odds with the US is because of the Taiwan issue. Otherwise, they want to be our trading partners and friends. Really, they do.

I can personally say that China would be WAY more peeved over an armed Japan than anything else; and not just because it'd be a threat to Chinese power, but because Chinese people bear grudges and Japan being armed and 'going Samurai' would remind them of what the Japanese did to them during World War II (the atrocities, not the conquests).

I'd bet the Koreans feel the same way.

8. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

lol this is a very funny point of view

9. IamSid

IamSid TheTrueIdiot!

Remarkebly similar to the origional post..

10. IamSid

IamSid TheTrueIdiot!

I have to agree with you. It aint happening.:lol: :lol:

11. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

has any of you ever played Strike Commander?

It was a flight simulator made by Origin for dos, and it featured an interesting plot based on 2 decades of predictions (it was 1993 at that time)

it's very funny to see now:

Attached Files:

• sc.txt
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
  12. epdsn

epdsn Chieftain

hmm well...

13. gianluca790

gianluca790 Chieftain

China, Saudi Arabia, Africa, South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, Cuba, Jamaica vs. US, Israel, Russian Federation, Japan, European Union, UK, ANZAC and Canada.

14. Koba the Dread

Koba the Dread Warlord

Scary and all too believeable!

15. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden Deity

16. suspendinlight

suspendinlight Prince

What I want to know is why is everyone putting Russia on the side of the US? Also, is anyone serious about making a 2010/2020 scenario? It seems like we would need some future techs to discover to make it at all interesting.

17. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

Coalition: America - Israel - UK - South Korea
    PRA (Friendly to Coalition except that North Korea dislikes US and hates SK): China - North Korea - Vietnam
    Pro Russian Coalition: Russia - Iran - Belarus - Syria - Lebanon
    And the terrorists...

Coalition vs. Pro Russia and Terrorists
    PRA vs. Terrorists and Pro-Russians (And South Korea, which isnt alliance based however)

18. Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry Chieftain

All great ideas, but I think this would be more realistic:

Cardinals win the World Series - Yankees organization is destroyed in a terrorist biological attack on New York City. George Steinbrenner is the sole survivor because it turns out he's not really human. (Perhaps he is the American Civ leader? Out for vengance?)

Canada becomes the 51st American state after all of their NHL teams move to the U.S. They adopt state slogan: "The State Were Nothing Ever Happens, Eh?"

Castro dies of a heart attack after the Cuban baseball team is eliminated in the World Baseball Classic - Russia inherits the country in his will. Putin moves the capital from Moscow to Havana because "it's warmer".

The Chinese purchase the state of California, then try to return it, only to find out they lost the receipt.

With the world in such a topsy turvy state, all hell breaks loose. ;)