Requested Mods

It might be difficult, but would an undo command be possible. I moved so many times the wrong unit :( that it would be a great time saving enhancement. Especially in Civ 5 where reloading times are ridiculously long.
Of course, it would have to take into account the fog of war so it wouldn't be cheating.

- a mod similar to RFC and/or RFC Europe from about 800 to 1800 AD. An Asia or America map would be awesome too!
- religions
- making economy more complex. corporations maybe.
- Napoleon and WW2 scenario

rhye's fall of civ fro civ5!!!! i want that
riswe n fall of roman empire
something fantasy such as warcraft XD
im asking too mch eh>?

I'm in waiting for fantasy mods and I see in the mod browser of the game that in the fantasy section there is one named "Land of Plenty". The description tells nothing though, and I can't find any in the forums searching this keyword. Still, it's the most downloaded mod so far, where can I find any review of it before downloading??

I would like to see more buildings like the Mint and Monastery which provide bonuses to cities which have several copies of the same resource(s). In general I would prefer a city with different luxury resources, but these buildings are a good consolation for redundant resources.

I would like to see more buildings like the Mint and Monastery which provide bonuses to cities which have several copies of the same resource(s). In general I would prefer a city with different luxury resources, but these buildings are a good consolation for redundant resources.

As SuperCheese pointed out, it only benefits the city for each different resource nearby. Having multiple wine around a city doesn't do anything for you, sadly.

There is a new building along those lines in my Economy Mod, the Weaver. Requires 1 Sheep, grants culture for Sheep, Wool, Silk, and Dye.

I haven't read all 13 pages to see if this has been mentioned, but this is my pet quibble that I'd love to see modded out. There is a really obscure rule in the game where the cost of moving across culture borders is increased to something like a full move or even the rest of your moves despite being on a road. I don't have the exact specific nailed down. I think it may only happen when you're moving into a tile owned by a civ you're at war with. Not if you're at peace. I don't think it happens if you're moving from an unowned tile into an owned one (but it might).

Anyways, I find it extremely obscure and illogical - it doesn't take any extra to move across roads within an enemy empire, so why would crossing the border be any different? If you're already at war, it's not like your artillery stops to have a chat with the immigration dudes... This comes up fairly rarely, but it always messes me up, because it's so unexpected - you run out of moves when you thought you had enough to attack / bombard / whatever. First time I really noticed it, there was a bridge at the border, and at the time I thought it was a special rule for bridges across cultures. But then later I noticed it again and no bridge was involved.

I've read though all the GlobalDefines and all sorts of tables, and haven't seen anything that would cause this behavior so I can nuke it... Please keep an eye out.

Perkus, The Great Wall wonder slows down other civs within the borders of the civ who has built it. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Hmm, interesting point. The Great Wall doesn't work correctly anyway (does it do anything?), found that out in my very first game. I didn't think it worked at all - maybe it works but only at the first border tile? That's possible. But I've been running the "GreatWallWorkaround.xml" in Jack Thompson's Quick Fixes (v 1) mod that is supposed to change the Great Wall to a defensive bonus. I'm pretty sure I had that active the last couple of times I had this problem. But it could be related anyway, I suppose. I should go double check that last game to see who had the Great Wall built. I'm pretty sure it was Hiawatha, not Caesar, and the last time this happened was entering Ceasar's borders, Hiawatha was toast by then, and I had taken over the Great Wall.

EDIT: I still have a save of this. It eats up at least 1.33 moves. It only seems to happen across border roads - the pathing is actually faster across the (also culture border) hex next door which doesn't have a road! It could be a bug related to the Great Wall, but neither I nor the target own it when it's happening - it's owned by a third civ, who is nowhere near the problem, and not at war with me. I used to think this was some weird feature, but now I just think it's a bug!

@Perkus:
I thought that you couldn't use enemy roads by default, and that units had to have the Commando promotion in order to do so. At least that was how it was in Civ 4, and so it should be the same way in Civ 5...

I inspected CIV5UnitPromotions.xml and found this:
Code:
<Column name="EnemyRoute" type="boolean" default="false"/>
Although no vanilla promotion seemed to use it, methinks that is the XML field for the "Commando" promotion that lets you use enemy roads.

So, it's not a bug, it's a feature! As always... :rolleyes:

@Supercheese

Wow, do I feel stupid. You're right, you don't get the benefit of using *any* roads in enemy territory. I have no idea how I missed this previously. I played Civ4, but years ago, and forgot all about this. For some reason I thought I was getting the benefit. I guess I've been taking over their cities so fast when I get to them that I failed to notice the roads weren't actually speeding up my movement. Anyway, obviously, there is no bug, I was just surprised that roads weren't working when I crossed the border. Everyone move along, then :)

(Hmm, ok, now I want somebody to mod the Commando promotion in!)

I would love to have the "Plant Forest" command for workers, and beyond that maybe a few additional terraforming commands in the late game.

Could someone please make a mod that allows for regular production times in Marathon length games? The science and culture would still take marathon length (or maybe more, hopefully, to allow for looooonng ages) but production would be standard.

This would allow players to actually raise reasonable sized armies unique to an age and use it for a good amount of time before they become obsolete. Thanks.

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet...

BUG mod!!!!

And nananananananana BAT MOD!

These resurrected Civ4 for me, especially "Varietas".

It is just awesome to see so many unique looking units even when their stats are the same.

How about just a simple way of showing where all my units are headed, the path they are taking, and the turns it will take them to get there? This would definitely help the headaches of moving armies around long distances with 1UPT.

@Huck Finn:
Yeah, not showing the unit pathing is a really sad omission from Firaxis. Hopefully they'll patch this in themselves soon. I don't think this kind of functionality can be modded with what we have access to right now. Maybe when/if they release the C++ code base.

I want a mod that:

• Brings back health variable by splitting out growth restriction from happiness and having resources/terrain/building improve or reduce health accordingly
  • makes food resources tradeable
  • changes happiness have workers stop working, ie either for ever 2-3 unhappy one worker refuses to work, or maybe for every unhappy 1% refuses to work (rounded up to nearest citizen)
  • Switches city growth from geometric to a more linear path (like previous civs, main goal is to force management of health/happiness and make it possible to actually have enough production to make some of these freaking buildings)
  • lets civilian units stack
  • limits maritime food to top 3 or so cities, maybe just one or two in smaller maps

I'm going to try and figure some of this out over christmas break.

Top Bottom