1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting help about resource shadows?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by TheOneHitPupper, Jun 15, 2017.

1. TheOneHitPupper

TheOneHitPupper Chieftain

I've been working on a modpack for luxury and bonus resources for the game. For most resources, I've simply just done little touchups on previous existing resources, but there are a few where I've made my own textures. The only problem I'm having is that these new textures are majorly different to the previous ones. The shadows of the previous textures are still being used (I don't know how to edit shadows?) and it looks pretty bad for some of my new resources.

A prime example is the Opium resource I made. The shadow being used is for that of the Spices resource. Does not really fit. Does anyone know how to edit shadows? I've taken a look through the web and can't find anything referencing shadows about Civ5 modding and I'm at a loss.

I'm using IndieStone Nexus Buddy which allows you to edit meshes and their corresponding linked textures. I see the shadow material being used for each resource in the mesh tab, but the material for the shadow doesn't show up in the material tab.

I've attached a few photos that more clearly demonstrate my problem.

weird_shadows.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Bonus question: Is there a way to disable resources from leaking onto other tiles?

Attached Files: