1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting information on the unique hybrid units

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by MongolNinja, Oct 12, 2015.

1. MongolNinja

MongolNinja Chieftain

I haven't decided to buy the expansion yet but atm I'm on the knife edge whether I should or not.
    I'm a bit of war monger so the new naval units, moving aquatic cities, new satellites and hybrid upgrades for standard units are interesting but hasn't had me sold yet.
    It comes down to how the hybrid unique units are, what do they do? anything unique or interesting about them that would produce interesting combos, tactics and strategy? finding information about them is hard especially when the RT has only been out for a few days so I decided to be selfish (and register) and ask you guys directly who are playing the expansion

As far as I know there are 9 unique hybrid units in total this is what i know about each one:

Supremacy-Purity
    Golem- Probably the most well known, able to block enemy range attacks like a hill or forest, only question is how many movement points does it have? is it slow like the SABR? (being slow is not a necessary bad thing)

Drone Cage- Have no idea, apparently it has some sort of heal? is it melee or range? can it overlap with other units? is the heal aoe or target specific? is it useful for anything else? any information would be nice Edit An AOE heal on adjacent units requires 2 MP setup to heal

Autosled- By the looks of it, it is a melee cavalry type unit that hovers, is there anything else that makes it unique? how does it perform compare to the conventional cavalry types (especially late game)? Edit Seems to have a passive 20% bonus against unfortified units though not listed.

Harmony- Supremacy
    Aquilon- A flying carrier with a ranged attack, enough said.

Geliopod- A stealth land unit with bonuses (+70%) when attacking from stealth, ranged or melee? anything else interesting gameplay wise?

NanoHive- An area denial unit that damages enemy units around it, what's the range of said aoe? is it stealth or not? again anything else interesting? Edit Requires set up and emplacement, damages 2 tiles around it

Purity- Harmony
    Throne- It floats and is said to be related to the Architect, that's all I know. Edit Effectively a stronger architect with a better buff and strong ranged attack.

Immortal- Is a melee type troop very similar to the standard soldier, Battlesuit, CNDR, CAVR and xeno swarm, so what's the point? how does it differ? anything "unique" or interesting? Edit default perk is all terrain cost 1 MP effectively a more mobile early game trooper.

Architect- Melee support unit that buffs or debuffs the combat strength of select target, is there any other buffs it can do? can it be a decent melee unit? and again anything else about it?

And also consider further affinty upgrades of said units

This is my first post on this forum please be gentle and thanks in advance

2. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

The Drone Cage is pretty lackluster. The heal isn't automatic, you need to set it to heal manually and adjacent units will heal +5 HP per turn. It's melee, no it can't overlap with other units. Not worth it imo but it's a fairly low affinity unit which can be beneficial since it'll be stronger than most other units. By itself it's pretty awful, but get 2 or 3 with overlapping heal and a +10 or 15HP every turn on top of regular heal is no joke. The heal takes place at the start of the turn, unlike regular healing which is at the end.

3. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

Drone Cage gives AoE heal if you active his special power. You need 2 action points to activate it.

Geliopod: you can get + 70% strength if you were stealth at the start of your turn. Range marine and rover will always be one shotted, Supremacy/Purity range units too.

Nanohive : you active it ( cost 1 action point ) and you can't move . It deals 10/15 damage two tiles around.

4. MongolNinja

MongolNinja Chieftain

thanks guys i'll update my original post according, got some idea what the Drone cage and Nanohive is, both sound like defensive forward units that you have to emplace pre-emptively. The Geliopod sounds like it's good for starting a war and Guerilla warfare but is it ranged or Melee?

5. Eji1700

Eji1700 Warlord

Unless i'm missing something the Gleiopod super damage is only at its upgraded level. You can also boost the heal and the damage of the cage and hive (and both aren't awful in melee, especially the cage).

The sled is just a cav hover unit, but you can get it pretty early and early access to hover is quite powerful.

Immortal- really nothing unique about it, even after the upgrade. It's just very strong.

6. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

The immortal gets the "all terrain movement costs 1" upgrade as an innate meaning its much more mobile than a normal infantry unit. Harmony Soldiers can get this upgrade, but that's much later. Its not super unique, it just has additional utility.

7. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

I still would like to know about autosled and the purity/harmony units. I know the immortal is basically an infantry unit that can traverse terrain easily with 1 movement cost for all tiles, but that's all? I know the architect is a ranged unit but what's the exact buff/debuff % applied?

8. MongolNinja

MongolNinja Chieftain

According to the updating wiki the architect "add a 100% bonus in strength to a single targeted ally for a turn, or, a - 50% penalty to an enemy target for a turn"

9. Greasy Dave

Greasy Dave Prince

Immortal is also stronger than all equivalent melee units - I think mine had 68 str compared to the xenoswarm 52? I might eb wrong about the exact numbers- costs more to build though. The mobility and strength are very nice.

10. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I built a Throne (purity/harmony ultimate unit). I was unimpressed. It's a hover unit with a move of 2. It can buff a unit for the turn or debuff an enemy unit for the turn. It also has a very strong ranged attack. It's location in the tech web is pretty meh though. I only researched it because my mindflower needed 33 turns to complete.

11. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

I feel "ultimate unit" is definitely a stretch in my opinion. I don't think that it really fits the concept of Harmony/Purity of making superhumans. Its.... a bubble filled with Architects. Not super impressive. Its support action is just a stronger version of the Architect's.

12. Draconon97

Draconon97 Chieftain

since ctrl+f says no one has said anything, the golem has 2 movement. its also kida op, it has 106 str when upgrade if you upgrade to master(i think) you can get +50 vs city thats 162, basicly one shot citys with the damn things.

13. Miravlix

Miravlix King

Golem blocks your own ranged units, useless.

14. MongolNinja

MongolNinja Chieftain

Wow Really Golem blocks your own ranged units? are we sure it's not a glitch? either that or that's an annoying game "balance". I was thinking to pair it up with the SABR defensively like a line of golems and 2 lines of SABRs mowing down the enemy.

15. Miravlix

Miravlix King

It was a SABR that it blocked, if it was in front it blocked, moved it away and the SABR had a clean shot.

Not sure why you would use it with a SABR anyway, since it is already outside the range of the city, it's for other ranged units with less than two it could be useful.

Maybe something with one of the healing units behind it, to ensure only the golem get fired, but I just can't be bothered shuffling units around to make that work.

16. rune42

rune42 Chieftain

Autosleds seem to have a passive 20% bonus against unfortified units not listed anywhere except during combat calculations. Stacks with their upgrade bonus for a total of 40%.

I wouldn't call that OP. An upgraded True Xeno Titan has 114 str, +50% ranged defense, and +50% city attack.

17. ancientsentinel

ancientsentinel Chieftain

its a bit more than that.
    first it requires 5 harmony and 5 supremacy, you need 2 firaxite and 2 titanium to build it (with the Biometallurgy tech)
    it moves 2 tiles, which is sloooooooow on a massive map, but it ballances it out i guess.
    it has a ranged attack of 2 tiles with a 44 strenght,, has one cargo space for air units,but more important, it has a 26 melee attack, so it can actually capture a city after ranged attacks and air units it carries got the cities health bar down
    this is kind of a flying fortress, just make sure you can defend the city if you capture it with the aquilon, or your expensive unit will die and with its movement its not to easy to bring the replacement up to the front.

it can be upgraded to: +20 melee +28 ranged
    Evolved Aquilon, choices: 1 capacity for aircraft or +40% to not fortified units
    Elder Aquilon +1 capacity for aircraft or +10% per unused movement
    Prime Aquilon +1 capacity for aircraft or +40% when attacking wounded units

it doesnt have any other buffs, at least not as far as im aware of, unless you take in the upgraded true architect which heals your own unit while he buffs it.
    requires 4 purity, 4 harmony, 1 floatstone, 1 xenomass and alien hybridization tech(pretty sure i misspelled that)
    it has a ranged attack of 32 and a melee attack of 16 it can Buff own units and debuff enemy units 10%, multiple architects can buff/debuff the same unit, it does stack.
    Upgrades: +16 melee + 28 ranged
    Evolved Architect:100% effectiveness for support actions or 10hp dmg to enemy targets of support actions
    First Architect: 100% effectiveness for support actions or support actions cost only 1 movement, allowing for multiple actions in once turn
    true Architect: 100% effectiveness for support actions or +10 heal to friendly targets of support actions

not sure how much affinity you need for the upgrades, sorry
    Throne: 2 movement, 26 Melee, 40 Ranged, fires 2 tiles away, Hovers
    Needs: 5 Purity, 5 Harmony, 2 floatstone, 2 Xenomass and the human Idealism tech.
    Upgrades to +14 melee +30 Ranged it can Buff own units and debuff enemy units 20%, multiple architects can buff/debuff the same unit, it does stack.
    Evolved Throne +100% Effectiveness for support actions or 15hp dmg to enemy targeted by debuff
    First Throne +100% Effectiveness for support actions or +1 range when at full health
    True Throne +100% Effectiveness for support actions or +15hp heal to friendlies targeted by the buff

So the throne is stronger than the Architect but also needs more in terms of affinities and resources.

The Immortal:
    3 purity 3 harmony, 1 xenomass, organics tech
    2 movement 30 melee ignores terrain cost
    Upgrades to +38 Melee
    Evolved Immortal +15hp heal when not embarked or +40% attack and def while in Miasma
    First Immortal +15hp heal when not embarked or +40%when not next to a friendly unit
    true Immortal +15hp heal when not embarked or +30% when attacking

18. ancientsentinel

ancientsentinel Chieftain

NanoHive
    3harmony, 3 supremacy 1 titanium
    2 movement 28 melee Invisible(they cant see him unless they are standing right next to him
    Upgrades to:+36 Melee
    Evolved nanohive: +10HP dmg per turn from passive or 20HP dmg to adjecent enemies on death
    Elder nanohive: +10HP dmg per turn from passive or +80% when defending against Ranged
    Prime nanohive: +10HP dmg per turn from passive or +2 sight

not sure how much it dmges, never build this one so i got this info from the techweb/civipedia

Geliopod
    4 purity 4 supremacy 1 titanium 1 xenomass Transgenics Tech
    3 movement, 34 melee Invisible (see above)
    Upgrades to +34 melee
    Prime Geliopod: +70% when attacking if it began its turn invisible to the enemy or +40% when outside of own teritory
    Elder Geliopod: +70% when attacking if it began its turn invisible to the enemy or +50% when defending against ranged
    Evolved Geliopod +70% when attacking if it began its turn invisible to the enemy or +40% when not next to a friendly unit

if you want i can get more info on all the other units just like i did for these, but that will have to wait till after work, which is 2 or 3 pm (now its 8am for me, so 6 to 7 hours) does anyone know if the architect/Throne buff stacks?

19. MongolNinja

MongolNinja Chieftain

Thanks so much for the information I'll probably put all this in the wiki when you put the rest up

20. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

Hmm, now that's pretty good. Imagine if drone cage had that effect and you'd have really strong defensive combo with the golems.