Requesting to get a map made from an image

KadoDragon

Chieftain
I enjoy world building and have been working on a world for the past 7 years. I also enjoy Civilization. Naturally with those two interests, I would LOVE to play my world in Civilization. Except I've tried to use the map maker and just can't wrap my head around getting the proper shape that I want. So here I am requesting that someone use their talent to make this map for me. It's just a small part of the whole world.

The image is 4092 x 4914 so it's a big one. It can be found here.

I know there are a lot of rivers, but that part does not need to be super accurate. Just whatever is necessary.

As far as I understand, turning the world map flag off gets rid of looping and I would rather this. If the loop cannot be taken away, then replacing a bit of land with ocean where it cuts off is fine.

I know Civ maps are generally wider than they are tall, so if you want to tilt it on the side, I am fine with that if it works that way. I don't know if that will change up how snow areas work.

The badlands area can just be desert.

I would also like it to be locked as a huge map at the highest resolution possible.

I'll leave the rest up to whoever decides to take this on. If it helps at all to scale it, each pixel is a mile.

I enjoy world building and have been working on a world for the past 7 years. I also enjoy Civilization. Naturally with those two interests, I would LOVE to play my world in Civilization. Except I've tried to use the map maker and just can't wrap my head around getting the proper shape that I want. So here I am requesting that someone use their talent to make this map for me. It's just a small part of the whole world.

I've attached a hex grid here. What you can do is play around with resizing it and pasting it over your map to see what each hex should be. In paint, its simple - just check "transparent selection" when you have the grid selected right after pasting. Be aware that the civ5 maps will be generated with the first hex offset or all the way to the right depending on # of rows. I just had to add an extra row when i did this a bit wrong the first time and it was quite painless.

Unless someone has a script, it is a long process to copy that image to a civ5 map. But if you use an overlay like this it will be basically a perfect rendition of the map.

PS It is easy to copy/paste the hex grid to adjust the # of hexes and how they start, and if you just make sure to preserve the aspect ratio (don't stretch it) you will have a pretty perfect copy of your map.

Attachments

• HexGrid-Civ5-Hexagons-52x80.png
    HexGrid-Civ5-Hexagons-52x80.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 1,453
Top Bottom