1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Reroll civ button

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Siptah, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I often go random civ, but sometimes I dislike the civ I got - because I just played them or something.
    How about adding a ‚reroll civ‘ button next to the start button at the loading screen? It would not need to reload the map etc. and could display the bonus of the new leader/civ etc.

Depravo and Morningcalm like this.
  2. EpicWestern

EpicWestern Chieftain

Your civ is connected to your map location. Brazil is more likely to start by rainforests, Norway by the sea, etc.. So a civ but not map reroll makes things a bit awkward.

3. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Chieftain

In addition to map location being fundamentally tied to civ selection, there's also the issue of other players. With no dupe civs you could only reroll civs not already in the game, unless reroll changes everyone's civs. But that would be an even larger mess, since if every civ changes after being placed, you'd end up with Indonesia in the desert, Arabia in tundra, Russia in rainforest, etc. In a 12-16 civ game you could easily figure out who everyone else is by rerolling a few times if you only reroll for yourself, and if you reroll everyone then you get the aforementioned mess of civs where they shouldn't be.

Siptah and TahamiTsunami like this.
  4. Gabhar

Gabhar Chieftain

Being able to exclude some civs from the random option makes sense to me. For all I know that's already an option, but I would bet it's not.

Morningcalm likes this.
  5. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

This. It's going to sound kind of sad, but I sometimes close my eyes and scroll randomly up and down the list until an acceptable civ is chosen. Random always seems to toss out the last civ I want to play.