1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Research, Production Culture buttons broken (July Update)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by RDomico, Jul 23, 2020.

1. topsecret

topsecret Believer

You don't have to delete the game, just the saves. You'll lose all your progress to play now ( :( ) or you can wait.

You go into "Manage Save Data" on your profile and delete the save data for Civ.

I have the physical game as well.

Txomin likes this.
  2. Txomin

Txomin Chieftain

This worked thank you! I was reticent to try the work around since all the posts I had seen were on the digital version.

3. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

Just in case you didn't know 2k have said that fix will come by August... DISSAPOINTED THAT THEY FAILED TO FIX IT IN THIS MONTH! I CURSE THEIR LAZINESS!

4. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

They still have today and tomorrow to release the fix.

5. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

no they said on twitter that they will release it on AUGUST.

Moderator Action: Abusive rant deleted. If you cannot post in a civil tone, your posting privileges may be restricted. Browd
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2020
  6. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Chieftain

So after deleting all save data and beginning a new game, are there still any major bugs?

7. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

Don't know.
    The whole "can't press x to advance menus" talked about here didn't seem to be a problem for me. There are some fixes - I can now fine tune the deals again (there was a period where you couldn't fine tune the amount of gpt etc in your deal) and diplomatic favour is now visible again. Not 100% sure about the leader banner yet, but it hasn't broken yet during my current game (it usually breaks by now). Roads are still glitched in their rendering, which is purely cosmetic, but disappointing.

To my memory, that is everything that I've noticed as bugged recently. Judge whether they are major or not.

DukeNukem likes this.
  8. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

9. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

Is there any work around for the Era Dedicarion problem? Really don't want to lose the HoF, and can't delete anyway atm because I'm running a hotseat with my wife. Otherwise singleplayer is useless till they fix it (whenever that is), or I finish my hotseat game and I will have to lose the HoF.

On the other hand, it only seems to affect singleplayer, not hotseat.

10. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

It is fine with mine. what is the problem?

11. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

The same issue that the thread is about; you can't use 'x' to cycle through the various "next essential action" list. It's fine for most things, the tech you can select directly, etc, but I can't find another way to choose an era dedication. It's an essential action, so I can't skip it, and the era page doesn't let you select a dedication. Unless there is a way that I don't know of to select an era dedication without using the 'x' button for essential actions, then the game is unplayable past the ancient era (unless you disable the XPs, I guess). Hwalt21 spoke about it in post #6 of this thread.

12. doolar

doolar Chieftain

I’m taking a break from Civ now, after over 3000 in game hours it’s ok. Playing through the Witcher right now. Shameful of 2K not to fix it quickly though.

13. Takle

Takle Chieftain

Are you able to use the touchscreen to select the dedication and move on to the next era? If so, it may be a viable workaround if you don’t mind the inconvenience to undock to do this every time an era ends (but at least it’s a predictable fixed number of times in the game and does not come up as frequently as with the broken next turn X button problem).

I still cannot fine tune the gpt amount (at least on the AI side) in the deal screen but at least the diplomatic favor is visible for me now. I still have leaders disappearing in the banner whenever I form an alliance with one of them. However, the leaders will sometime all show up again after while. I think either because my alliance has ended or one of the competitions like Send Aid ended — I haven’t played enough yet to figure out a pattern. Then, unfortunately, they would disappear again when I reform the alliance.

Linklite likes this.
  14. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

Unfortunately no. It registers the touch with a sound, but does nothing, like with the other essential actions and notifications.

The fine tuning thing has stopped working again for me too.

15. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Im having issues with the HoF also. No HoF recording and I don't remember all the games I played whether win or lose.