Research request: Prussian uniforms 1866-1871

TopGun

258 kills
Folks,
I would need good, detailed pictures of the uniforms and equipment of the Prussian Army between 1866 and 1871.

I know there are alot of guys here who have access to the Osprey series of military reference books, but other references would work as well.

Thanks! :D

Don't ask me why I need it... you'll find out the reason soon enough. ;)

Should I upload the german files too?

Here ya go :goodjob:

• Figure 1: Prussian Jaeger light infantryman (with a "Shako" jäger cap and green tunic)
  • Figure 2: Prussian Guard infantryman with field hat (pickelhaube helmet hanging by his side) and pack-roll.
  • Figure 3: Prussian Landwehr militia infantryman (with "Shako" field cap) in dark blue tunic.
  • Figure 4: Prussian regular infantry (with pickelhaube) in grey field coat. (without the field coat his uniform would be a dark blue tunic like the landwehr on his left)

I also have some pictures of other German (and Austrian and Italian and French and so on) armies in this period if you're (or anyone else is) interested?

I also have some pictures of other German (and Austrian and Italian and French and so on) armies in this period if you're (or anyone else is) interested?

"Thank you!" and, "Yes, please!"

How goes it?

Almost done with the modifications and additions for a 1870/1871 Prussian infantryman of the 1. Garderegiment zu Fuß. Got the correct collar, and the correct cuffs (made some props in Truespace7.6). What's left is the "Pickelhaube" ornament, which I recently found great references for on a German website. Once that's done, I'll post a preview.

Well, here's a preview with out the helmet ornament... I need to learn alot more about UV mapping, that's for sure.

I think the bedroll detracts from the overall look of the unit.
What problems are you having. Are you using UVmapper? It's fairly straitforward, just need a little practice with how the maps export.

I like the collar insignia.

I based him loosely on this picture:

But I must agree with you, the unit would look better without the bedroll.

I was using the UV mapping editor in Truespace... but found it to be very cumbersome, so I tried a few tricks in Bryce, but didn't like the results. Will give UVMapper a try.

UVmapper:
Export the mesh as OBJ
load in UV
find a projection you like (box/planar/cylindrical) etc etc
Save BMP file of projection
Save new OBJ file.
Re-import into Bryce, load BMP file as Parametric Projection.
Modify type of projection as you see fit.

Okay something about that preview has been nagging me. It's plainly evident to me that you are using my german ww1 animations (because of the rifle position) but you've given it different legs and boots. This will become a problem in the run animation. Because of the odd size/position or joints in the original file, the run may look a little awkward. I suggest you try and use the Generic Trencher's run and switch out parts there following my tutorial. Why? the legs.

OK, will do. So, the transitions between run and default are the same regardless of whether I use the German WWI model or the Generic Trencher model? That's good to know...

new preview:

No civ color.

Top Bottom