Research to half / eureka point

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Malachi256, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Malachi256

Malachi256 Prince

I would love an option to research to the halfway point. Something to prompt me to change research once I pass 50% progress on my current research goal.

So many times I get some research going, intending to stop at the halfway point (because I anticipate the eureka moment occurring soon), only to find that I've forgotten and I'm now about to finish the full research right as I also achieve the eureka. This is very frustrating and feels like a significant loss of progress. Loading an autosave half a dozen turns back is a pretty meh solution to this issue.

Obviously I could just be more diligent, but this would nonetheless be a very nice quality of life improvement.

Our_DeCay likes this.
  2. Tdot1

Tdot1 Chieftain

Yes so true, I am pretty sure that there is a mod for it, but it would jus make so much sense to have this as an option. I'm not sure if it should be an alert or just a sound or a image on the screen, but it should definitely be an option.
    The only problem as I see it, is that it could get annoying if there are a lot of techs that you don't get inspirations for. Otherwise a great idea.

3. Zuizgond

Zuizgond King

That option would be great. Or a mod.