Resettlement confusion

Airrifle48942

Warlord
Hi! I was just wondering, I am about to (I'm on a game where I actually AM NOT cheating :O) found some cities on the Americas as the English, however... I was discouraged by using 'Resettlement' as a civic due to it saying 'at least 15 tiles from the capital', but I think I've read it wrong.

Does this mean that cities FURTHER than 15 tiles get this bonus or do they have to be within the range of the capital?

Oh and my current cvics are:

HEREDITARY RULE
VASSALAGE
SERFDOM (I should have had slavery -.-")
THEOCRACY (Even though I don't have a religion, this sort of helps with my stability. I choose not to have a particular religion in the game because the Buddhist Vikings always invade me :()
and finally...
SUBJUGATION (Because I only have 1 vassal which is the British West Africa/Mali and I'm not going to use Viceroyalty since I"m still expanding. Resettlement I just asked for).

So would it be worth switching to Resettlement alone? Or do you advise I change some of the civis to fit Resettlement in there?

Resettlement gives you benefits if you found cities that are more than 15 tiles away from your capital. Cities that have been founded before the switch don't give retroactive benefits, so make sure you switch before you start colonizing.

The expansion civics all don't give negative or positive stability in combination with others, so you're free to combine them as you like.

okay i did a new game and the resettlement worked but I flunked by civics stability. It was a -10 for the rest up until I just recently saved to play it later. However my economy was a +60 (wtf? :O)

Top Bottom