1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Resident Evil 2 save problem

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by BG_Zero, Mar 14, 2007.

1. BG_Zero

BG_Zero Chieftain

The is a problem whit my copy of Resident Evil 2 for PC.When i try to save the game whit the typewriter and then try to load the save file a error in the game aprires sayng Load FAILED and thats all nomather if a change the saves directory.Im runing the game whit Senprom 2400+ Readeon 9550 512 ram Win XP.I know is an old game but if enyone coud help me i will be greatfull.

2. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to the Computer forum.

3. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

I don't think this is the right forum for that (edit: ah, they moved it fairly quick).

It was a great game, but it is very old, maybe it is simply uncompatible with your system.

4. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

I never played the game but i've seen the following issue with a lot of old games:

Look around the game files. Find the save files. Most old games don't create a new save file when you save the game, the just write in the old one. Anyway, check to see if the files are READ-ONLY. If they are then remove the read-only tag from them.

That's my shot in the dark. :)

5. BG_Zero

BG_Zero Chieftain

Sory I thout this was the offtopic qustion.Sory again if this is not the proper place to place my post.Sory again.

6. BG_Zero

BG_Zero Chieftain

Well thanks but allready tried that.I have posted this becouse i just got the game from an abondongames site and i was hoping somebody coud help me.I know is a very old game.Maybe I shud try to run it under Win 98 or somethink.Thanks again for trying to help me.:goodjob:

7. gamebrah2004

gamebrah2004 Chieftain

What's up, bro! I noticed your prediciment as of recently and I was wondering if you ever tried turning it on and of again? (actually duh only an idiot wouldn't try that) but I digress. I really enjoyed that game and I think you should try the remake they came out with recently (it's a real blast!) anyways I wouldn't wanna keep you long and I hope my response helps and I would like to know what you think of the original as well as the remake I think you'll enjoy them.... And thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
    - gamebrah2004

8. gamebrah2004

gamebrah2004 Chieftain

oops i did not mean to send that picture

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Removed that picture for you. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2020
  9. gamebrah2004

gamebrah2004 Chieftain

ty for that one bro