Resident Evil 2 save problem

BG_Zero

Chieftain
The is a problem whit my copy of Resident Evil 2 for PC.When i try to save the game whit the typewriter and then try to load the save file a error in the game aprires sayng Load FAILED and thats all nomather if a change the saves directory.Im runing the game whit Senprom 2400+ Readeon 9550 512 ram Win XP.I know is an old game but if enyone coud help me i will be greatfull.

The is a problem whit my copy of Resident Evil 2 for PC.When i try to save the game whit the typewriter and then try to load the save file a error in the game aprires sayng Load FAILED and thats all nomather if a change the saves directory.Im runing the game whit Senprom 2400+ Readeon 9550 512 ram Win XP.I know is an old game but if enyone coud help me i will be greatfull.

I don't think this is the right forum for that (edit: ah, they moved it fairly quick).

It was a great game, but it is very old, maybe it is simply uncompatible with your system.

I never played the game but i've seen the following issue with a lot of old games:

Look around the game files. Find the save files. Most old games don't create a new save file when you save the game, the just write in the old one. Anyway, check to see if the files are READ-ONLY. If they are then remove the read-only tag from them.

That's my shot in the dark. :)

I don't think this is the right forum for that (edit: ah, they moved it fairly quick).

It was a great game, but it is very old, maybe it is simply uncompatible with your system.

Sory I thout this was the offtopic qustion.Sory again if this is not the proper place to place my post.Sory again.

I never played the game but i've seen the following issue with a lot of old games:

Look around the game files. Find the save files. Most old games don't create a new save file when you save the game, the just write in the old one. Anyway, check to see if the files are READ-ONLY. If they are then remove the read-only tag from them.

That's my shot in the dark. :)

Well thanks but allready tried that.I have posted this becouse i just got the game from an abondongames site and i was hoping somebody coud help me.I know is a very old game.Maybe I shud try to run it under Win 98 or somethink.Thanks again for trying to help me.:goodjob:

What's up, bro! I noticed your prediciment as of recently and I was wondering if you ever tried turning it on and of again? (actually duh only an idiot wouldn't try that) but I digress. I really enjoyed that game and I think you should try the remake they came out with recently (it's a real blast!) anyways I wouldn't wanna keep you long and I hope my response helps and I would like to know what you think of the original as well as the remake I think you'll enjoy them.... And thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
- gamebrah2004

What's up, bro! I noticed your prediciment as of recently and I was wondering if you ever tried turning it on and of again? (actually duh only an idiot wouldn't try that) but I digress. I really enjoyed that game and I think you should try the remake they came out with recently (it's a real blast!) anyways I wouldn't wanna keep you long and I hope my response helps and I would like to know what you think of the original as well as the remake I think you'll enjoy them.... And thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards
- gamebrah2004

oops i did not mean to send that picture

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Removed that picture for you. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom