Resistance

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Willburn, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Willburn

Willburn Warlord

Does fire resistance work vs fireballs? Certanly didnt seem like it as my 70% fire resistance assasins (4/2) died to a fireball every single time.

This was in a mp game.

Any tips on how to stop someone with summoning trait spamming fireballs at you nonestop with 10 mages he got by doing +6 experience from start adepts (gets very fast to mages with civics that give +4 experience and wonder that gives +2 in every city)

I tought going fire resistance was the answer but it certanly wasnt. And the assasins couldnt counter his mages at all as he had sand lions from his summoners who outmanoovered the assasins and seemed to spot them too. :(

2. khanjackal

khanjackal Chieftain

you picked the very worst force to counter him with

your assassins are only 2 strength defending, so that's no good, an archer would double that strength defending

and sand lions are one of the few creatures that can see invis

try sending a mixture of assasins and archers, that should help

3. Kael

Kael Deity

You are right, this is a problem with resistances not be calculated correctly on defense. It will be fixed in the next version. Your assassin should have a strength of 2, and the fireball should have a strength of 0.9 (normal strength of 3 reduced by 70%).

10,000 posts, woot!

4. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

Congrats on being in the 10000 club. :)

5. Willburn

Willburn Warlord

Tthanks for the feedback. Im glad thats getting fixed. Oh and the other commentor: right maybe a mix of units would be better so I could get at those mages/conjourers wiht my assasins.

6. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Are assassins invisible ? I thought only shadows.

7. Willburn

Willburn Warlord

I dont remember to be frank it was a very late game. We where two going at it the one was doing chanters and I was doing assasins I belive they where called. Think i remember seeing the invisble trait on em but not sure. Besides thats not the point the point is they had fire resistance and where getting owned by fireballs.