Resizing the Ogre-Bull?

tjedge1

Writer of writerly things
Anyone know how to resize units out there? I can't seem to get a response through pm's or posts in the thread so I'll make a thread here. Can anyone make this unit taller, by at least double? If no one has time, can they direct me to a thread that talks about how to do this? I really want to make this unit a Stone Giant.

OgreBull

Anyone? Please? Pretty please with cherries on top?

"sizing up" will always give poor results. The unit will look very grainy.
Also this unit is 160x160. Max size is 240x240, so 1.5 would be the largest possible resize. And, at that size it would fit oddly on the map.
This unit was rendered not drawn. You best bet at a decent looking one (though how playable it is, I'm not sure) would be to ask Aaglo, and then wait for his reponse.

Yes, sizing up but a few pixels will make a very blocky unit. I agree though, it should be bigger for an ogre. Unless thats how they are in warhammer40.

Huge club would be better, but I'm not picky. From what is said here though, this might be a lost cause. The current Stone Giant I'm using is already grainy. This one looked like it might be less grainy. Though 1.5 times bigger is stiller better than the current size. Good for an ogre too short for a giant. Any idea how I can at least attempt this so I can compare to my current one? Units are alien territory for me.

With Civ3FlcEdit it only takes a few seconds.
- Open up the flc
- Click Export to Storyboard
- In the "frame" tab, click change size, enlarge (or shrink) the heighth/width. There's an option for "proportionally resize image according to new frame sizes."
- Click Export.
- Open up the Storyboard you just created, and your unit should now be resized the way you want it.
- Click Export to FLC, and add it to the right folder.
And there you go, a newly resized unit animation.

Bungus said:
Yes, sizing up but a few pixels will make a very blocky unit. I agree though, it should be bigger for an ogre. Unless thats how they are in warhammer40.

Again, What aaglo mainly does is Warhammer Fanatasy Battle, which is oodle different then Warhammer 40K.

Thanks CamJH. I'll do a search for the FLic edit thing you mentioned.

Goldflash said:
Again, What aaglo mainly does is Warhammer Fanatasy Battle, which is oodle different then Warhammer 40K.
Oh yeah, I always get the two mixed up. But since aalgo is making a bunch, rather, a veritable ****load, of new units for the non futuristic one, I’ll probably give that mod a whirl and if its any good I may even remember to differentiate the two. Approximately how much is an oodle?

Thanks black rose. I'll have to do that with the Lycon Infantry, too, and repost it, as the flics are annoyingly off center. I may not have to do the resize though, looks like aaglo will do a stone giant for LotM, so I'll mess with the Lycon to get some practice. This may lead to some other things like new halfling units for my mod. :D

Lycon? must have missed that one. What is it?
Ps Civ3FlcEdit is great, but it is also greatly in need of a new name. Something easier to type. I so rarely refer it because it just doesn't roll off the fingers as easily as say, flicster.

I can't remember who did the Lycan Infantry, but it is a werewolf infantry unit. It doesn't transform, but still looks pretty good. I'm using it in my mod and noticed it off center. I posted that in the forum I got it in, but the creator never responded again. Now I fix it myself.

Top Bottom