RESOLVED: Crash Report - CTD during ai turns don't know why

dissatisfieduser

Chieftain
As the title says: I'm experiencing CTD when the game is processing ai turns. I've attached four saves: one at turn 183, nothing has gone wrong yet; one at turn 206, the turn a crash happens when I pass it on to the ai; turn 313, as before nothing has gone wrong; and turn 317, crash when I end turn. I've also attached some logs, but these are from turn 317, not turn 206. I managed to get to turn 317 because I after crashing at turn 206, I replayed from turn 183, which caused something to go right, I don't know what, and I'm guessing something similar to the crash on turn 206 is happening at 317. I've tried replaying from turn 313 but something must be going on in the game that nothing I am doing is preventing the crash at 317.

I'm playing on RFC v.79, as China.

Edit: played another game, started as Rome, had another CTD during ai turns: attached the save and logs. I should have mentioned earlier, I am playing on Mac OSX 10.14.6.

Resolution: I deactivated autosave and the crashes stopped happening.

Attachments

• logs and saves.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
  • Rome crash files.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I had a crash while the ai were having their turns as phoenicia

Do you have any other mod installed?
On the first round of playing (up to the crash of turn 206), I had no other mods activated besides RFC. The run from turn 183 to turn 317, I had an "Ethnic Units" mod, which just changes the appearance of base-game units according to civilization, activated alongside RFC. The Rome run also had both mods activated. I'm not familiar with writing mods for Civ 5, but I don't think a largely cosmetic mod to have such an effect on RFC, especially as the crashes happened even before another mod was activated.

Personnally I got rid of the CTD by uninstalling all mods (not just deactivating), uninstalling the game, removing remaining files, and reinstalling a new game.

was, playing japan and the same thing happened and fixed when autosave was disabled

Top Bottom