Resource Buildings

Which resource bonuses are most influential?

• Aqueduct

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Barracks

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Caravansary

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Granary

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Lighthouse

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Mint

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Stable

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Stoneworks

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Temple

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Theater

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • These bonuses [B]frequently[/B] affect my strategy.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • These bonuses [B]rarely[/B] affect my strategy.

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sort of. The circus also generates (some) gold as I recall. And faith does not stay at 300 cost for those things, it will likely increase to generate more happiness from pagodas later in the game as it escalates per era. I think we're agreed it does translate into other yields though and I don't see a problem with it being potentially less efficient at doing so (but potentially broader when it does). As mitsho suggested, this is a fairly minor point.

Yeah, like you I'm not too worried about the details.

I agree faith costs go up substantially. I'm not sure that cost increase is necessary. Missionaries naturally become less valuable in the late game when religion's spread everywhere, so why hit them with a double penalty in the cost curve? Do non-missionary faith costs also go up? I've never really analyzed this part of the game.

Pagodas as far as I recall also escalate upward as eras advance, so do other faith buildings. I'd say this is unnecessary beyond the prophet being a GP and that needing some escalation upward in faith cost. Both are likely to be reducing rather than increasing in marginal value (missionaries convert fewer people, pagodas/beliefs produce happiness less likely to be near the zero boundary, cathedrals are superseded by museums with theme bonuses).

It appears FaithCostMultiplier affects the cost per era of most religious units and buildings. Prophet costs rise for each one that appears (not depending on time), like other great people. I think this means we can edit the cost of buying things with faith in cities separately from the way prophets appear.

Nice, that was always the thing that made me feel faith was weak late game (I usually go right off the bat or not at all for faith cause of this). It'd be like making buying a stable more expensive as the eras advance just because gold is more common.

Rising faith costs did relieve me a bit because it was one factor reducing AI spam, but I do agree they are far too high in the late game, particularly on buildings.

Sounds good there. If we can use/find some kind of limitation on the number of active missionaries, that checks the spam on that. They could still use prophets of course, but they're at least more expensive by the late game and they should have some other GP to use it on by then.

That's good to know the increase on faith costs for buildings can be halted. :goodjob:

Top Bottom