1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Resource Harvesting

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by berlin88, Mar 20, 2019.

1. berlin88

berlin88 Warlord

Does anyone know if the latest expansion has made any changes regarding what resources you can harvest?

I am doing a game right now as Australia, and there are several luxury and strategic resources inconveniently placed, and I would like to remove them, so I can build districts on those tiles.

2. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

You were never able to remove luxuries or strategics.

You could built a district where strategics were if you built it before you discovered the resource, but if you can see it on the map, there's no way.

3. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

No changes, you can't harvest luxury and strategic resources.

4. berlin88

berlin88 Warlord

That is unfortunate, as I will now be unable to fully build up some of my cities.

Do you know of any mods that address this issue? I see no reason why an advanced civilization should be barred from harvesting certain resources. I could understand placing limits early in the game, but once you reach the late game stages, it should be possible. If you can build a space ship or giant robots, then why can't we harvest luxury and strategic resources? Or at least allow players to build over them.

5. BK*

BK* Chieftain

Harvester is the add on you want just add this under line 7 <CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions> or you can just click the compatability box in mod manager addon

6. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

My guess? A player conquering an enemy city, harvesting the strategic resource and then giving it back to avoid warmongering or grievance penalty. The game is rid with lots of these "arbitrary" rules to avoid minor exploits that really don't make much sense or alter balance that much. Like all improvements disappearing on city raze so that you don't get "free" improvements, or unique civ improvements disappearing on conquer (the last one is probably a programming limitation?).

MooFreaky likes this.
  7. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

Well, as far as "do the improvements still work in another civ's borders" yes, yes they do:
    upload_2019-3-20_21-49-34.png
    (Firetuner.)
    That red exclamation mark is a polder. I don't know why firetuner is misbehaving, Normally I can put polders down on land if I so choose.

But they all give their normal yields and bonuses.
    I wonder if they just felt it made the capture of UIs too enticing?
    In civ5 you could build your UIs in team mates territory, I think.

Elhoim likes this.
  8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

9. orasis

orasis Prince

Because a game without limits is not really a game.

Victoria likes this.
  10. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Heh, a pity. It would have been very cool to have in your empire the cultural remnants of conquered civilizations...